Chapter Nine

Harry's handed the pair of jeans Louis bought for him the other day. They're cuffed around his thin ankles. Still over the past three months Harry hasn't gained much weight. He's healthy, Louis supposes. His face looks fuller, and his skin's glowing like the guardian angel in his dreams. He's sure Harry's the angel, actually. He's been in his dreams a lot. Not that it means anything... of course.

He changes freely in front of Louis. He sports a lovely pair of blue briefs that are tight around his flat bum. Louis pinches it sometimes while Harry's helping him with lunch or dinner. He's got a little bit of a tummy; it's good progress. He's eating a lot more nowadays. He tells Louis when he's hungry, when he's thirsty, when he's sad, or when he's happy. He tells Louis a lot; not exactly everything. Louis knows Harry hasn't told him everything.

He has a right not to... like... it's been three whole months, maybe a little longer. For as much trust Louis has on Harry, the feelings are most definitely not mutual back. There hasn't been a proper talk about certain things. Things like where Harry came from, and what really happened with that uncle that deserved to be thrown into a garbage disposal. Things like what Harry dreams about, the ones that wake him up and forces him to shuffle himself closer to Louis - sometimes even wake Louis up to sing him back to sleep. They've talked minimal about this stuff, and Louis doesn't like that.

He likes Harry. A lot. He really likes Harry. Harry's still as intriguing as he was when he first appeared tucked into himself in the corner full of creepy crawlies and cobwebs. Louis has noticed a lot about him. He's sweet day and night. He compliments at all necessary times. He never fails to try and make Louis smile after a rough day at the bar. He's actually the light Louis needs to stop himself from drinking himself heavy at the bar to return home, disorientated, by a vivaciously horny wife. That's all Eleanor tends to be like all the time, anyway.

"Lou," his friend calls, and Louis immediately looks up and smiles at the shirtless boy. He's holding up a Ramone's tee, one of his favourites. "This will look good, right?"

He looks good with everything to be frank. Louis confirms with a nod towards him. "Looks perfect, H."

They're going out tonight. Again. Louis took him to the bar last week to perform to a little less than twenty people. They're heading out to somewhere much quieter now, but not for a gig. Louis is taking him out for a little fun. They both decided Eleanor isn't going to come to the drive in movie. Harry, still, doesn't fancy her. In all truth, Louis doesn't have a blue's clue why.

"We might need to head out a little early," Louis says. "Buy a few things, so we can get a good spot."

Harry only smiles. Louis uses the term "we" a lot, and it's not like he hasn't noticed. It's usually "we" nowadays. It's not just Harry and I, or the both of us. He's learned that Harry doesn't like being left as the individual. He doesn't know why, but if it brings a million and one hugs from Harry then he's openly willing to keep using "we".

They're both changed and Louis sprays some faint cologne on his body. He sprinkles Harry with a fair amount of it too. It's Harry's favourite scent, he once told Louis. A mixture of delicate frangipani and a hint of jasmine. The smell fills the room after Louis returns home from work. He's sure Harry sprays it around to keep himself sane, maybe zen.

Louis should really take him to one of Eleanor's yoga classes one day.

It's slightly dark when they head out to get a few things from the servo. They have to be back by nine, at least. Eleanor doesn't know they're gone. And it's not as if Louis forgot. He just didn't tell her, because he plans to get back before she finds out Harry and him went out to the drive ins without her. And... well, the drive in was the first place Louis took Eleanor on their first date.