Part 15

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.
"Y/n? You're still in there?"
Dylan.

You quickly cleared your throat and blew your nose.
"I'm good." You tried to make your voice sound as happy as possible.

"We thought we heard something, we were worried" Thomas added.
"I'm fine. Just give me another minute, please." Your voice cracked.
The images of him and Isabella kissing and holding hands popped back into your mind and you couldn't help starting to sob again.

"Y/n!" Thomas tried opening the door. "I'm fine" You sobbed and covered your mouth with both hands.
"I think she might need some time alone. Perhaps it's a problem you boys can't relate to that much." Kaya interjected and you were so thankful that she said this.
You heard two people hesistantly walking away.
"Honey, if you need a tampon, there are some in the left cupboard. Just help yourself." Isabella said, her voice concerned, then you heard her steps moving away, too.

"Thank you." You murmured. There was another silent knock on the door.
"It's just me now. Can I come in? I can help." Kaya gently offered.

You looked into the bathroom mirror. Half of your mascara was all over your wet cheeks and your eyes were red from crying.

"I look horrible." You muttered.
"I don't care. Let me help you." She replied.

You didn't want her to see you this way, but you slowly unlocked the door anyway. She came in and closed it behind her, then she looked at you.
"Oh. Come here." Another stream of tears ran down your face as she hugged you tightly, her hand stroking your back.

You pressed your face in the soft cotton of her shirt.
"I'm s-sorry. I'm ruining everything." You sobbed.
"It's okay. Don't worry about it." You let go and turned to the mirror again.
Stop crying, you told yourself, stop crying.

"I look like crap." You murmured.
"That'll be fine. I'm sure Bella has makeup remover pads." Kaya browsed through the bathroom cupboards and found what she was looking for.

By the time she'd opened the wrapping, your tears had dried out.
"I'm sorry. I'm usually not so tearful. It's stupid that I started crying."
"Not at all. It's fine to cry when you're hurt."

Were you hurt? You remembered the shooting pain in your chest.
Everything's fine. "May I?" She held up the pad.

You nodded and she carefully started cleaning your cheeks. Then she turned to the mirror. "Better?"

"I still look like a sad potato."
"No, you don't. But you can redo your mascara if that makes you feel better."
"Okay." She opened her handbag and smiled.
"I'm Mary-freaking-Poppins."

You laughed as she handed you the mascara. While you were concentrating on not losing it again and making your eyes look like they did before,
she found something else in her handbag.