Boys are insensitive jerks

I was at home alone like I had been for most of time. This past week I was either at school, visiting the hospital, and very rarely at home. I wanted to be there for my mom as she recovered. The boys often drove me places after school, to which I am eternally grateful. But today, Saturday, my mother said to go home. To just spend a little time with my friends, who I haven't talked much to since the accident. They mostly just watched, offering support but not stepping in unless I took their offer. Which of course, I haven't taken up. This is why I was so surprised to find all nine of them standing on my front porch at exactly 9:00. I quickly welcomed them inside. Each of them smiled at me and gave me hugs before moving into the living room. We all sat down on the various couches and chairs. "Hey guys," I say, basically worn down from my long week. "Sang. You are positively absolutely over-working yourself. You need a break." Sean points out. I nod and let my shoulders slump a little. He's right. This busy, restless, week is taking it's toll. "So we have an idea." I raise an eyebrow at the nine boys across from me. "Can I tell her now?" Luke wines. Kota nods, to which Luke jumps up and yells, "We are giving you an eventful vacation!" I smile. "You guys don't have to do that," I say. "We figured that since we have not seen you much, we could spend some time with you. Your mother knows about this as well." Owen says with a millimeter smile as he reaches over to lightly touch my shoulder. Stupid emotionless facade. I jump up and give him a hug, and then hug the rest of the boys sitting in my living room. "I'm really sorry I've been neglecting you guys. I hope you know what you're doing for me is appreciated." Wide grins fill the room and I find one on my face as well. "Of course. We're always happy to help, Sang." Kota replies, pushing his glasses further up his nose. "So how does this work?" I ask. "Well, each of us want to spend time with you and draw you away from your troubles. So, each of us will take a day with you and take you to a different place. But there is one catch..." Victor trails. I pout. There's always a catch, isn't there? "Oy, stick that lip back in! I don't want to see that face!" A smile lifts my lips as Gabe comes over to pat my cheek. "Much better." I laugh a little. "So what's the catch?" "You have to tell us when something is wrong or you don't like something." Nathan says firmly, crossing his arms. Tell them when I don't like something or if somethings wrong...That shouldn't be too hard, right? "Okay. I can do that...probably." They give me looks and I put my hands up in surrender. "It might be hard for me but I'll try, okay? Like, what if I don't want to hurt your feelings?" North rolls his eyes. "We're boys. Boys are insensitive jerks, remember? We'll be fine." I laugh as Luke makes a face. "No, only you are an insensitive jerk, little bro." I laugh as Luke runs out, North close on his tail. "So what have you guys been doing when I'm not around?" They shrug. "Nothing really. House cleaning, academy stuff..." I nod. I still can't believe I neglected them for the past week. "Look...I really am sorry about this past week." "It's okay, we understand wanting to be with your mom." Sean says, putting his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah. But that doesn't make it okay for me to ignore you." "Okay," he breathes, clearly not expecting me to say that, I guess. I wouldn't know how to respond to that either. A nice silence settles as Luke and North trail in slowly, Luke pouting and North smiling triumphantly. And sometime in the next few minutes, I fall asleep against Sean.
----------------------
I stifle a yawn as I wake up. I'm still on the couch, Sean next to me. "Dr. Sean?" He laughs a little. "Yeah?" "What time is it?" "A little after 10:30." "I'm sorry I fell asleep on you," I say quietly. He laughs again and helps us move to an upright position. "It's fine. I only woke up five minutes ago." I smile. "You fell asleep too, huh? You must've been tired." "Yeah. It's good we got some rest though." I glance around. The house is perfectly quiet. "Where are the boys?" "They went outside to play with the football. I hope you don't mind." I shake my head. "Not at all, not at all." I stand up to stretch and almost fall over. I bend down and touch my toes, then reach to each side. When I turn around, Sean is still on the couch. His eyes are closed and his arms are crossed over his chest. "Sean?" "Hmm?" "I'll be right back." He just nods and I run upstairs, finding my extra blanket and carrying it back down. I gently place it on top of him. Sean peels one eyelid open. "What's that for?" "So you can get more rest, Sean. You need to go back to sleep, okay?" He nods and closed his eyes again. "Okay," he whispers. I ruffle his curls. "Sleep good," I say and walk out. I shut the sliding glass door as I step out into my back yard, the sun beating down on my face. It instantly warms me and I smile. It's really pretty outside today. I grin as I watch the boys toss the football to each other. "Pass it to me!" I call. North throws it across the lawn and it looks a little high. I jump up and catch it. As soon as it falls into my hands, Luke and Gabe run straight for me; that's when I realize it's a game of keep away.

Hey guys! So sorry for the late update. I was getting tough girl going and had writers block, too. Thanks for hanging in there. See you guys soon!