All too sweet tone

It was late when I got the call, a couple days after the journal incident. Nothing else had happened, but we were always on our toes, ready. Mr. Blackbourne, Sean, and Kota were staying at my house tonight, like many of the boys had done the nights before. My phone started to ring, waking the boys from their positions on my bedroom floor. "Hello?" "Hello, is this Sang Sorenson?" I swallow, recognizing at once the all too sweet tone of a nurse. "Um, yes. Can I help you?" "I'm afraid not, darling. Your mother Melissa is in the hospital." I choke on a sudden sob, catching all of the boys attention. I quickly climb out of bed, throwing on a t shirt and sweatpants over my tank top and shorts. The guys quickly follow after me as I rush downstairs. "What hospital?" "Western Charleston." "Thank you ma'am," I reply, cutting the phone line. I'm in such a hurry I almost ruin into the door. Kota's lab fingers grasp my arm, my nose coming close to hitting the surface. "Sang, you need to calm down." He says, somewhat between a plead and a command. "Calm down?! My mom is in a hospital, alone, possibly dying- and you want me to calm down!" I shout. "Sang, it's probably best. If you're not calm setting your mom may not do good things..." Sean trails. I huff and tug at Kota's hand on my arm. "Let go!" He shakes his head, firmly. "Not until you calm down." I squeeze my eyes shut and breath deeply. "Okay, okay. I'm calm. Can we please leave?" I say. They both nod and we get in Mr. Blackbourne's car. He drives at a steady speed, but leaving against the car door, I wish he would go faster. We finally arrive and I jump our if the car as soon add its unlocked, rushing inside the hospital. An ambulance us parked out front. I swallow as I reach the front desk. "I'm looking for Melissa Sorenson." "Oh, she's up on the third floor, 7th room-" She pauses, checking a paper. "She's scheduled for surgery currently, but you can wait up there. Sorry about that." I swallow, ignoring the sound of the boys as I run up the stairs. They tell my name but I don't stop until I reach the third floor. But when I take in the scene before me, it feels like someone is stomping on my heart. Because right in front of my eyes, my mother, burned and bloody, is being rolled across a stretcher into a room. The boys stop dead behind me. I let out a deafening cry, falling to my kneeson the tiled floor. Tears stream down my face and my hair falls around me like a shield, preventing me from seeing anything else. The boys try to comfort me, but I push them away. The image keeps popping up and I cry and cry.

Sean's P.O.V.

I eventually pick her up, ignoring her protests. I sit down, placing her on my lap. She curls up against me and I rub get back. I can only imagine how much she must hurt. I know how much it hurt Owen...but Sang? I quickly shoot Owen a glance, to make sure he's okay. What he just saw probably tore some stitches off of old wounds. "Oh Sang." I say softly. She looks at me and I almost start crying too, when she looks at me with such a hurting expression. "Patients think stitches hurt...but they haven't felt this." I frown. Because stitches do hurt, a lot. Even enough to make North cry. And she's just implied that this hurt more. I hold her tighter, before I stand back up. I hand her to Owen, and without question, he's heading back down the stairs.

Owen's P.O.V

I take her from Sean and start down the stairs. Seeing Sang's mom reminds me of things I've put behind me...but that doesn't mean the reminder didn't hurt. Seeing Sang cry hurts me more, though. Get stitches reference was very accurate; I should know from experience. Someone holds the door open for me, a sympathetic expression on their face. I ignore it as I make my way outside to one of the benches, sitting down. Sang's arms tighten around me and I stiffen a little. She cries into my shirt as she shakes. I remember my reaction when I saw my father at the hospital the first time...he was bruised and bloody, his hair was horrible, and he was severely pale. He wasn't dead; but rather dying. Stuck in that hospital bed, paralyzed from the waist down, and having breathing problems. We were never super close. We had some good times, less than bad but they were there. I thought I didn't care about him. I never knew how much he meant to me until I saw him like that- found out he was going to die like that- and I wouldn't wish my experience on anybody. But here it was, happening to one of my favorite people. I swallowed as I rubbed Sang's back. Eventually get tears ran dry, about an hour later. I hoped she felt a little better now. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out, placing it against her ear. "Okay...I will...Be there soon...Bye." She sniffed a little, standing up. "Dr. Sean says I can go see my mother now. He says the surgery was successful." I nod, standing up along side her.

Sang's P.O.V.

I walk slowly into my mother's room, carefully memorizing each detail. The roses on the table, the beeping if the monitor, the pale walls. And finally, to my mom. "Mom?" I choke out. Get eyelids slowly peel open, and she smiles at me. I kneel at her bedside. "Mom!" She smiles, let's out a small giggle, and smooths my hair out. "Hi baby girl." "What happened mom?" She frowns. "I was driving, and then there was an accident. Something caught on fire. Then, everything was on fire." She takes a deep breath. "I thought I was going to die. I didn't want to leave you yet, though. That would be wrong of me. I asked the doctors, and they said I would be fine." I swallow and nod. Mom is fine. Mom is fine. "I love you mom," I say softly. She beckons me closer and as soon as I'm close enough, she kisses my hair. "I love you too, darling. Oh, Sang, I love you so much."

Wow...that was hard to write. Did any of you cry or was it just me....? Bye!