My Vampire Nekos

"ALONDRA!" I nearly have a heart attack at the sound of my dad's scream from his room all the way on the other side of the house. I sit up, and look at my cellphone. I nearly scream out once I see the time. I rush out of my over sized bed, and run like the devil is at my heels to the bathroom.

My name is Alondra Sanchez. 17 year old girl going to my first day of high school my Senior year. Sure I don't have my early morning class yet, but it still sucks having to get up early for my new daily routine for the next nine months. Ugh!

I put my MP3 at full blast just so I won't hear my dad's scolding as he rushes us out. No, he's not a stay at home dad, he just works in the afternoon. Not that you care, but I gotta fill this space somehow. I finish up, but now I have to wait for my slow ass little sister, who just like me is less of a morning person.

I go to the car, and wait for her. Beeping every five seconds as it gets later and later. I hate speeding, but looks like I'm not going to have much of a choice. I beep one last time before doing something I have never done before. I leave without her. I don't know what made me want to do it, but I left.

Of course I'm not the only one on the road. I'm always an early person, so I rarely have to deal with rushing. But not today. . . All because my freaking alarm clock didn't go off. So now I drive behind idiot drivers and other people who go with the flow and don't care about being late to their destination. Unfortunately I care about being a timely person, being early always gets me the best seat, unless it's assigned seating. Then it doesn't really matter. It also helps avoid the crowds.

Finally I rudely force my way into the church across the street from the high school and park. I don't have a permit to park at the high school parking lot, nor do I feel like going through that process. It's just one more year of high school for me anyway.

I reach for my Jack Skellington backpack, and my MP3. I curse as I realize that my music got shuffled with my rush, so I fix it, and walk along blindly before reaching the street, though I don't make it.

"Eeep!" I fall on the cool grass getting my new black dress all wet. I would have cursed, but I started hearing meowing, and angry voices. I get on my knees, and turn back to find a taped off box. The noise is coming from there. I hear two voices, but the box is barely big enough to hold at least a newborn infant. . .don't ask how I know that.

I crawl over to the box, and take off the tape holding it closed. There is quite a bit of movement going on in the box, it scares me to open it. I close my eyes, and open the box. The voices stop, and I take a slight peek, then rubbing my eyes not believing what I was seeing. It's still there. I rub my eyes harder until I see black spots. They clear, but they're still there. I pinch myself hard. "Ow!"

"You're not dreaming, idiot!" The silver haired, tiny little humanoid with cat ears, yells out at me.

"Holy crap. They talk." I say stunned, and reach for them.

"Try and pet us. I'll bite you." I quickly pull my hand away from the feisty silver haired neko. Yes, that's right. Hard to believe that I'm in front of two small nekos. I look over at the brown haired one, who looks at me sadly. Or maybe that's just how his eyes look in general.

"Please don't leave us here." He pleads with me. I blush at their adorableness.

"So cute!" My inner voice squeals as I really take a look at them in a more calm fashion. I couldn't resist and pick up the two tiny nekos. I'm 5'5 so it looks like they're up to my knees at least if they stood in front of me. That's not that big at all.

"I told you not to touch me!" The silver haired one yells out at me as he tries to push against my chest to create some distance between us.

"You said not to pet you, and I'm not. I'm hugging you." I tell him, and he blushes. I hear a bell ring. I don't think anything of it until I realize that I'm late for class.