"I don't know," said Katherine uncertainly. "I heard the current is really fast and very dangerous. And there's rumored to be nymphs that will enchant you there..."

"I think it'll be okay," I said. All eyes whipped to me. "We can have Jason help us control the current. He could probably talk with the nymphs too. I think we could go down that way."

"Okay then. What about after that?" Lucian asked.

"I was thinking we could maybe go towards Elfindore, and then to Swordbreak and Doveport. That way, we could avoid Desederium Forest," Rachel continued. "What do you guys think?"

"I think it's a good plan," mused Indigo. "All in favor raise your hand." Seven hands shot into the air. "Well I guess our path is set then. What about our course of action?"

"Right now, I think it's best if we put as much distance as we can between us and any pursuing Evils," I said, standing up. "We should try and get to the Northern Mountains as soon as possible, probably before winter, so we don't have to worry about blizzards and all that."

"Good idea." Jason agreed. "Along the way, we could also try and gather as much information as we can about the evil lord and his Evils. What was his name again? Cedric? Eric?"

"Victor," Indigo answered. "Lord Victor." We were all silent for a few moments.

"So is that our whole plan? Get to the Northern Mountains without dying, find their hideout, destroy an orb that may or may not exist, and save the world before Lord Victor takes over?" asked Lucian.

"Yeah, basically," Indigo said casually. "Any objections?" No one said anything.

"Good. So that's the route we take."

"What exactly are we going to do though? I mean, I know what we're supposed to do and where we're supposed to go, but just exactly how are we going to defeat Lord Victor?" Ashley said quietly.

Indigo sighed and ran a hand through her hair. In the candlelight, she looked tired but still radiated power. "I don't know. I think we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there."

"When do we leave?" I asked. Indigo met my eyes.

"We leave in two days at sunrise."

                                                                           *      *      *       *      *

Uncle George looked a bit surprised that we were going to leave so soon. However, he didn't argue and just said that he'll stock us up with food and supplies. On our last day at Northbell we tried to help around the inn, trying to make up for all the food we ate and the free boarding. Indigo's aunt shooed us out, proclaiming that it was no problem and we didn't have to worry about all that. Indigo finally led us on a walk around the village, sightseeing.

"See that windmill? It belongs to old Henry. My brothers and I used to play there all the time and he'd give us a few candies every now and then, especially if we help around the mill." Indigo recounted, smiling at the memory. "Those candies were so good."

"You shouldn't take candy from strangers," I teased. "Not safe."

"He was a nice old man who lived in a mill. I can look after myself, thank you very much," Indigo shot back. I grinned.

"Let's pay a visit to him, then," Katherine suggested. "I'm sure he'll be delighted to see you again."

"Good idea! Follow me." Indigo brightened and beckoned us to follow her along a dusty side path leading through a green meadow to the windmill on the other side. The windmill was worn by years of wind and rain, but looked in good condition. It was built on the top of a hill, and leaving our horses to graze at the bottom, the seven of us raced each other up the hill. By the time we reached the worn oaken doors we were all laughing and trying to catch our breath.