🎮•••013•••🎮

Forever My Player Two
Chapter 013: Winter Fest Part Two
P.O.V. : Kuroo Tetsurou

"Kunami!" I called out to her gripping a firm hand onto her arm stopping her in her tracks, I chased after her all the way up to the third floor which currently wasn't being use; I bet she ran up here knowing that. "Why did you do all of that?! How many times do I have to tell you to stop taking your anger out on Kozume?! Terrorizing him won't change how I feel about him or you so I would like it if you stopped."

"...Then tell me who I am supposed to take my anger out on?! The reason why we broke up is all because of him and his need to keep you close to him; he was practically keeping you cage to him like you were his, and nobody else had the right to be with you or around you, it's honestly so childish." She said looking away from me glaring at the wall besides us intensely.

"That's not true! You make it sound like he forces me to stay by his side and that I am bother by it but that's not true at all! I chose to stay by his side, I wanted to be with him because it's always been him; I've always loved him..." I said slowly loosening my grip on her arm.

"But...does that mean what I think it means?! Kuroo please don't say it! I—I don't want to hear!" She said taking her arm away from me turning her back towards me placing her hands against her ear as she walked away from me.

"I broke up with you because I was tired of lying to myself! Tired of lying and using you the way I did. I cared about you but not the way I cared for Kozume. Kunami I am not a good guy I was using you to hide the fact that I had feelings for Kozume; I didn't want him to feel disgusted by me for harboring these feelings so I used you to try to get over him, I am sorry bu—."

"Don't say it!" She shouted turning towards me with tears streaming down the side of her face. "Please don't say it! I don't want to hear it!" She frantically shouted at me.

"I didn't love you; I broke up with you because I wanted to go back to Kozume side were I felt most comfortable and at peace, were I've always wanted to be from day one, so if you have to take your anger out on someone let it be me but leave Kozume alone because I was the one who broke up with you, who used you and who ultimately hurt you. You said that Kozume's obsessively needed me which may be true but I was the one who needed him the most..." I said looking away from her unable to look her in the eye.

The halls of the third floor fell silent with neither one of us saying anything to one another; from the stairwells leading down to the second floor we could hear the faint laughter and chatter from other students and families who were enjoying the winter festival. Kunami took a step towards me causing me to break into a cold sweat bracing myself to get slapped or kicked but it never came instead she fell to her knee in front of me crying.

"...I've always wanted to have the bond or relationship that you and Kozume had so I tried finding it in other guys but something so rare and unique isn't something you can force onto someone so they never worked out; I was jealous of what you and he had, and at one point it sort of became something I had to have no matter what but couldn't so I took it out on him but it never really made me feel any better just worse. I love you or loved you I just don't know anymore." She said burying her face into the palm of her hands.

"I don't know what to say..." I said looking down at her.

"You don't have to say anything; there isn't anything you could say in this situation that would "smooth things over" even if you could..."

"I know it's not appropriate but; thank you." I said crouching down in front of her placing a hand on top of her head.

"Why are you thank me...?"