🎮•••005•••🎮

Forever My Player Two
Chapter 005: Similar Situations
P.O.V: Kozume Kenma

"For a while now Bokuto's been feeling rather down; he wishes he could help me more but I could never ask him to do something like that for me since this is my issue, I could never hope for him to understand it nor do I want to burned him. I have to overcome this alone so I don't end up putting a strain in our relationship but I ended up saying something so stupidly insensitive that's made him start avoiding me." Akaashi said while staring up into the afternoon sky.

"I was wondering why Bokuto wasn't there waiting for you..."

"He did drop me off but he said he couldn't stay; what I told him was that he shouldn't bother with my business since not too long ago I was just another hole in his bed, and I even questioned if he truly did like me like he said he does."

"Akaashi..." Is all I could manage to say as we sat there on that park bench in absolute silence for a minute or two as the afternoon birds sang from the tree tops and the sounds of children playing close by in the park filled the silence before Akaashi spoke up again.

"I do love and care for Bokuto but could someone as broken like me truly hope to stay by his side knowing there are so many other people out there that could easily take my place? Can I really call Bokuto my friend when I am such a coward?" Akaashi said, a single tear escaping from his eye landing on the fabric of his jeans.

"This is a rather tricky little subject but take it from someone who's going through something similar; the fact that Bokuto is still even showing up for you proves that he cares for you and that he won't be leaving anytime soon, yes what you said may of hurt him and that's probably why his been keeping his distance from you but he still cares and will still show up for you." I said a small smile plastered on to my face as I looked over to him.

"And by the way your acting I think you like him a bit more than you're leading on." I teased, a small chuckle escaping from between my lips.

"What..?!? Me like someone as loud, childish and obnoxious as him...? No way!" He said clearly flustered.

"There's nothing wrong with liking him, it's okay to let yourself open up to him I mean it is true Bokuto is a bit of a player but when things between the two of you started he really started to changed a lot, and I think it's due to the fact that he likes you a lot more then you think." I said placing a comforting hand on top of his that was resting on top of his knee.

"You knew about our...relationship?"

"Bokuto was the one who gave it away I mean I've never seen Bokuto look at anyone else the way he looks at you." I said chuckling slightly.

"And what about you and Kuroo...do you like him?" Akaashi questioned.

"Yes, yes I do..." I confessed. "But the way that I am now, I'll just end up being a burden to him and I don't want to be, I want to be someone he can rely on and someone who he can come to whenever he needs it so I want to get better for him...and not just him but for myself."

"You honestly don't know how much Kuroo loves you, do you?"

"I've been told that a lot recently but due to my insecurities I can't seem to allow myself to believe any of it." I said tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"A beautiful boy such as yourself shouldn't have such insecurities." He said caressing my cheek slightly causing me to shy away from him. "Don't let your insecurities win, Kuroo loves you so much more then you think and you deserve to be loved by someone as amazing as he is."