🎮•••001•••🎮

Forever My Player Two
Chapter 001: Press Start
P.O.V: Kozume Kenma

I've never really stood out much; I've always been a weird kid and a lot of times I get made fun of for being an ordinary Otaku, ever since I was a kid it's always just been video games, anime and me I'd preferred it that way too because I've never really liked social interaction even at home with my parents I barely even talk I just stay locked up in my room...well that's until you came into my space and became my player two, my one and only player two.

10 years ago...

I was making my way home after school had let out for the day head buried deep into my hand held game system without a care in the world so absorbed into my game I didn't even see the ball that rolled its way to my feet, and I didn't even hear you call out my name until it was too late. I found myself laying flat on the ground with my game system a mere feet away from me, I look up to meet the gentlest pair of beautiful eye I have ever since before.

"Geez Kenma you can be such an airhead at times." The boy with spiky jet black hair said as he came running to my aide.

"You didn't even hear me when I called out to you what the heck's up with that? Honestly." He sighed extending his hand out to me.

I cock my head to the side slightly as I look up at his hand; the boy sighed before he helped me up on to my feet.

"Geez Kenma you worry me sometimes I honestly don't think I can leave you alone after this I am scared you might end up falling off a cliff one of these days." The boy commented with a sigh as he shook his head in disappointment.

"...How do you know my name?" I questioned him.

"What...?!? Are you being serious right now? We've been in the same class for years now and you're telling me you don't even remember that?"

"No..."

"Ugh give me a break here Kenma! You are such an airhead but then again it's not necessarily a bad thing it's actually kind of cute. That's it from here on out I promise to remain by your side always like a...like a..."The boy placed a finger against his chin trying to come up with a word to finish his sentence.

"Like a player two?"

"Yeah, just like a player two. I'll join you through this amazing journey call life; slaying demons, stopping bad guys and beating the final bosses that come our way." The boy said a huge grin on his face.

"...Why are you doing this? Why go out of your way for someone who doesn't even know your name?" I questioned the boy with my head cocked to the side.

"Because I like you! And I think your actual pretty cool and unique." The boy said his grin widening even more.

I felt my heart skip a beat as my eyes widened; the boy's chuckle invaded my ears causing me to shy away from him and the blinding light that surrounded him.

"...Kozume, Kozume Kenma."

The boy cocked his head to the side as he stared at me in confusion.

"My name..."

"Haha dummy I already know that. My name is Kuroo Tetsurou, and don't you ever forget it a." Kuroo said pulling me in for a side hug which made my heart beat quicken.

"Come on Kuroo hurry it up!" A boy from the nearby park shouted calling Kuroo over.

"Won't to come play with us...?" Kuroo asked holding his free hand out for me.

"Won't I just get in the way?"

"Nuh, no way; Your my friend and I want to play with you." Kuroo said grabbing a firm hold my hand dragging me along with him towards his other group of friends.

And since then you've been by my side through everything, I never imagine that I would ever make a friend as caring and lovable as you are to the point that if I were to lose you I think I would crumble completely. I know its selfish but I want to remain by your side forever even if you no longer need me I'd still like to be with you as your player two, I don't know how to explain these feelings I have but I know one thing is for sure that I don't want to share this spot with anyone that isn't you.

4 Years Later...

"Sorry Kozume I thought I could hang out with you today but I forgot I made plans with my girlfriend." Kuroo said sitting down beside me in our classroom.

My PSP fell out of my hand when i heard the word 'girlfriend' slip out of his mouth. I turned my head towards him with widened eyes; Kuroo slapped a hand over his mouth, he probably never intended on me learning about his girlfriend.

"Girlfriend...?"

"Sorry I didn't tell you about her, her names Kunami Sakura she goes to an all girl school across town." Kuroo said his expression darkening.

My vision became blurry from the tears that started to build up inside my eye; I got up from my seat immediately the chair scrapping against the tile flooring drawing all eyes on me. Kuroo placed a cautions hand against my arm but I brushed it away before turning towards him as a single tear escaped from my eye streaming down the side of my face.

"...Con—congratulations! I—I need to go now..." I said while gathering my things before rushing out of the classroom.

Our relationship was never the same after that; I still remain by his side but I remained silent and followed his lead like a lost puppy with a home, this would continue all way to our finally year in middle school where Kuroo finally had enough and confronted me about it. 

"Kozume dear you have a friend here to see you!" My mother said calling out to me from the bottom of the stairs.

I paused my game before I made my way downstairs to the entryway where Kuroo stood waiting for me with an upset expression on his face. Kuroo motion for me to step out with him for a bit which I did since I could tell I was about to get an earful from him about my attitude and I didn't want my parents thinking were fight; when I stepped outside I was unexpectedly caught off guard by Kuroo who had grabbed me and pulled me into a tight embrace. I felt tears starting to build up inside my eyes causing my vision to become blurry, and when I felt his hand caress the back of my head the tears came without any warning whatsoever, I cling to Kuroo for dear life as I cried my eyes out.

"You promised me that you would always be my player two, you promised me you'd always be by my side so why does it feel like you're not there by my side anymore?" I said still crying with my face buried into his chest.

"Kozume..." Kuroo called out my name in a soft tone of voice not really sure what to say to me.

"Why is she by your side now and not me? Why is she more important than me? Why is she stealing you away from me? You promised!."  I cried out.

"...I am sorry I know I've already broken up with her...because she'll never make me feel the way you do Kozume." Kuroo said, his hold on me tightening even more.

"...Kuroo" I said, it was all I could manage to say as I buried my face deeper into his chest nuzzling against it.

"It's you Kozume, it was always been you." Kuroo said resting his chin on top of my head.

It was selfish of me to want to keep him all to myself, selfish of me to make him break another's heart for my sake but I didn't care because with Kuroo in my life is there any true meaning to it, where would I be if I didn't have Kuroo? Dead? Or alive? I honestly don't want to even think about it, I am just happy to have him by my side and that I don't have to share him with anyone. Kuroo will stay by my side forever and nobody's going to stand in the way of that, because there's nobody else suited to walk beside him than me.