Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

I stare at him in confusion. What the heck was he talking about? Suddenly, his lips were on mine. My eyes widen in shock. What the hell?

"K-Keira-chan?" A hear a voice, a voice that's foundations are crumbling apart, a voice who's owner is breaking, ask. I push Ayumu away, wiping my lips.

"Gaa-kun!" I call towards his retreating figure. I turn around and shove the now standing Ayumu over. "Now look what you've done!" I shout, then begin to chase after Gaara.

My teammates are f*cked up, I think in complete disbelief. I find Gaara right where I expected to find him, on the wall of the village, looking out onto the sea of sand. "Gaa-kun," I whisper.

"Yes Kie-chan?" He asks, voice surprisingly steady.

"Why did you leave?" I questioned.

"I thought I'd give the two of you some privacy," He muttered accusingly.

"G-Gaa-kun, that wasn't what you think," I begin.

"Then will you explain?" He demanded shortly.

"I wrote that song for you," I declared.

"For... for me?" He slowly began to face me.

"Yes! My teammate, Ayumu, came out and kissed me! He thought I wrote the song about him! I don't like him, I love--" I cut myself short.

He turns to me, that ocean of emotion roiling in his eyes. "Who?" He demanded softly.

He got closer, looking right in my eyes. "Kie-chan, tell me who," He whispered.

I break I contact with him. What... What if he only thinks of me as a friend? I worry.

"Kie-chan--"

"Why do you want to know?" I interrupt.

He seems shocked by the question. "I asked first," He said childishly.

"I thought I made it obvious. Wide awake, in my arms," I sang. "Now, wouldn't that be strange normally? But do you know two insomniacs?"

He doesn't seem to fully comprehend it yet. "My ocean and me," I sing. "Now tell me, who always has a sea of emotion in their eyes? Who has beautiful eyes, the same color as the blue green sea? You make me feel as though I'm drowning in your eyes,"

Realization crosses his face in a flash. He stares at me in shock. The silence gets uncomfortable after about twenty seconds. "Gaa-kun?" I ask. He doesn't answer I close my eyes. Damn, he doesn't feel the same.

I open my eyes, only to see Gaara much closer to me then before. He's looking into my eyes. "You love me?" He murmurs.

I nod. "Do you love me?" I ask hesitantly. He leans in closer and brushes his lips against mine.

"I guess you'll just have to visit again and find out," He answered, then dissapeared in a swirl of sand. I smiled. I spoke those very words when he asked if we were friends.

"Are we... still friends?" Gaara asked hesitantly. I smiled, getting up to leave.

"I guess I'll just have to visit you and find out, huh?"

And just like he knew my true answer that day, I knew Gaara's answer today.

Yes. He loved me.

**Morning**

We were at the gates, ready to leave. The treaty had been worked out and it was time to head back. Now all we needed was the agreement of our village leaders.

When I had gotten back, Ayumu had apologized. I forgave him, but I was still keeping my distance. I took my first step out of the gate when I heard his voice. "Thought you'd leave without saying goodbye?"

I turn with a smirk. "Kankuro," I greet. I give him the quickest of hugs. "I'll miss you," I say.

"We'll see eachother again sometime," He smiled. "And thanks again... for helping Gaara after the fight," He lowered his voice.

I turned towards Temari. "It was fun hanging out with you, we should've done it more often," I mumured, hugging her. We had gone out to lunch twice, and window shopped together. She smiled.

"Thanks again," She whispered into my ear.

I made my way to Gaara, pleased that he had come. We stood in front of eachother, and then he opened his arms, and I crashed into him. "How does my little brother get a girlfriend before me?" I hear Kankuro mutter to Temari.

"I'll miss you... take care of yourself," He mumbled into my hair, clasping me to him. Just when we work everything out, and I'm as happy as ever, I have to leave.

I lean back and peck him on the cheek, ignoring the slightly incredulous yet happy gazes of his siblings. I hug him once again, then slowly distangle myelf from him. "I love you," I whisper into his ear, then back away.

But as I walk through the sands with my team, I swear, carried along by the breeze, I hear his murmured,

"I love you, too,"

____________________________________________________

Chapter Forty Four!

Boom!

AWWWWW!!!!! KAWAII!

I promised myself I wouldn't upload till later, but I'm leaving to a friends house and COULDN'T RESIST!

Do you like the song? Do you like how they got together? TELL ME!

Any comments on how you wish it could have gone?

Remember to vote, it helps a lot and it's incredibly easy for you! ONE CLICK OF YOUR MOUSE!

THEY FINALLY GOT TOGETHER! VOTE, COMMENT, OR FOLLOW IF YOU'RE HAPPY ABOUT THIS!

Another warning! From August 23rd to the thirtieth I won't be updating. T.T I'm going up to my cousins cabin, and they (GASP) don't have WIFI there. I may be able to update ONCE at a Bigby or something, but no promises.

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119