☯ |miscellaneous notes

TRIGGER WARNING: graphic descriptions of violence and mental illness, major/minor character deaths, implied/referenced sexual content, F/M and M/M relationships, dubcon and noncon. [Dubcon = dubious consent. Noncon = non-consensual]

I am not going to be mentioning when these triggers will come into play in the story. Just know this whole book is heavy.

‣in Japan a person's last name is spoken before their first name. For example, me. The Japanese way to introduce myself or for someone to introduce me is by speaking my last name first, followed by my given name, i.e. Azurehyn Xeah [did you really think I'd give my real name hah no]. First names are used, of course, but you usually have to be invited by the other person to use their first name, though less so with the younger generation who are more at ease with this stuff.

‣to those who know, ayakashi = yokai. Literally they're the exact same thing [in this universe at least].

‣I've mentioned that there will be M/M relationships, but as you read the story it...doesn't happen. Now, I WAS NOT click-baiting you when I put that -- there will be an M/M relationship in this story, but it's not going to happen for a while. It'll actually only start to show up in season 4, and will be developed more in Book 2. Just putting that out there.

‣I apologize in advance for some of the chapters being really long [like 10k words]. Each chapter is part of an arc that leads to the bigger plot. But, please bear with them. The whole infodumping thing (which some of you have been good enough to point out) stops after the 2nd-3rd episode.

‣in Japan, school terms start and end at different times as compared to other schools in other countries. First term starts in April, ends in July, so-and-so.

‣you don't need to worry about all the terms and words included in the upcoming 'Glossary' part. I make it fairly obvious what this word and that word means in the story without derailing from the focus of the scene, so you don't need to keep coming back to the glossary to reacquaint yourself with what so-and-so word means. The glossary is just an (not frequently enough updated) compilation in case anyone is interested.

‣I have a very good reason for not splitting INK STAINED into two books. There's already going to be a sequel [and final] part to this, titled BLOOD STAINED, and I am determined to firmly keep this entire story as a duology. For now, just know that if you're going to read this story, know that it is fucking big. I'm past the 500k word count already and still going.

This is a long story. I'm sorry but I'm not sorry.

ありがとう

ありがとう