Chapter Twelve

(Leo's POV)

A few weeks went by, my mom was home, and I started singing with the other guys. It was strange at first, since they wanted me to be one of the main singers with Ken. It was slightly disconcerting. I didn't think I had a good enough voice for them, but I guess that wasn't the case. School was normal, and I finally felt like I was relaxing around everyone. I was still shy and quiet, but they told me I smiled a little more. It wasn't so great when I got home though. I still struggled every night, but I didn't want to tell the other boys about it yet. I still felt like a burden around them.

"Leo?" Hakyeon asked, walking up to my desk. I sat alone, so half the time I looked out the window. I was a good student, so I didn't worry about too much.

"Hm?" I hummed, looking at him. He was standing there with Ken, and I could see Ken holding onto Hakyeon's pinky on his right hand. There were a lot of boys in our school who were very homophobic, meaning Ken and Hakyeon couldn't be as open with their relationship at school.

"It's lunch time," Hakyeon told me, a very eomma look about him.

"Oh, alright," I replied, standing up to follow them down the hall.

"We're thinking about having rehearsal tonight," Ken told me, walking backwards so he could look at me. I nodded with a small smile, accepting the chance to get away from my house. My mom had to leave again on another trip, so I was going to be home alone again. She would leave before I even got home from school.

"Where at?" I asked, my hands in my black skinny jeans pockets. I was wearing a navy blue sweater, since it was cold outside due to fall. It still rained though.

"My house," Ken said, with a smile. "A certain short haired dachshund has been itching to see her friend." I knew he was talking about Daisy, and I was excited to see her. Whenever we would go over to Ken's, Daisy would instantly come to my side, and stay there for the rest of the time I was there. "I swear, she likes you more than she likes me..."

"Stop being jealous, it's not a good look on you," Hakyeon teased, retreating a few steps before Ken could get a hold of him. I watched the couple in front of me bicker, and I felt a slight pain in my chest. 'If only I wasn't a screw up and could have a relationship like that,' I thought to myself, walking into the lunchroom.

"Guys!" Hongbin yelled from our usual table. I never understood why the boys did that when we always sat at the same table every day. The three of us walked over, setting our trays down, and sitting in the exact same spot as every lunch period.

"What took you so long?" Hyuk complained, munching on his rice.

"Leo was day dreaming," Ken said, digging into his own food. I glared slightly at him, sticking my chopsticks into my noodles. I wasn't that hungry, but I had to put up the illusion that I was.

"About?" Ravi asked me, wiggling his eyebrows slightly.

"Is it about that cute first year that's always staring at you?" Hongbin inquired eagerly. I might have imagined it, but Ravi's face fell slightly at Hongbin's words.

"I was just thinking... That's all..." I replied, looking down at my bowl. When I glanced up, Hakyeon was fixing me with one of his worried looks. 'Stupid eomma...' I thought, putting all my attention on the food in front of me.

"Leave him alone guys," Ken said, snapping his chopsticks in the boys' faces. They all giggled, going back to their food and leaving me alone.

~~~~~

"Well... I guess we have to go back to class..." Ken grumbled under his breath.

"Just remember, it's Friday!" Hyuk cheered, jumping up and down like a child. It always amazed me how much energy that boy had. We all laughed at the maknae, mine more of a small chuckle.

"Remember, meet at the gate since we are going to Ken's house," Hakyeon reminded us like a good little eomma.

"Yes eomma," Hongbin said, dragging the maknae out of the lunchroom. Ravi followed them, and we older ones followed behind.

"I'll be back, I need to use the restroom," I told the two third years, getting ready to walk towards the washroom.

"Alright, we'll tell the teacher incase you're late!" Ken said, grabbing Hakyeon's arm and dragging him off towards class. I smiled, watching the two running down the hallway. That small pain in my chest came back, and I cringed slightly.

With a sigh I walked into the bathroom, knowing that I probably will never have the relationship that Ken and Hakyeon had. I sighed again, my arms iching slightly. They did that when they started healing, and it hurt even more if I tried to scratch at it. I rubbed my hand against my sleeve, not actually scratching them. That elevated some of the pain. Once I walked out of the stall, I walked to the sink, getting ready to wash my hands. Like normal, I pushed my sleeves up slightly, only a few inches above my wrist. That however, showed more than I would have liked. What I didn't know, was that a certain white haired boy was walking out of the stalls.

"Hey Le- What are those!" Ravi yelled, running towards me, ripping up my sleeves. I didn't have any time to react since he came out of nowhere. "When did this happen?"

His voice was so loud, so full of anger, I didn't know what to do. When Hakyeon found out, he made sure I was alright, not yell at me. I shrank back from his words, escaping into my shell, trying to flee from the harsh words.

"Leo! ANSWER ME!" I had never seen Ravi act this way, it scared me. I could feel the tears prickling at my eyes, starting to fall down my cheeks. Ravi shook me slightly, causing me to basically whimper in pain. I kept my eyes on my arms, feeling bruises from where Ravi was gripping.

"Please..." My voice was so small, even I couldn't hear it.

"TELL ME!" This was not the way I wished for him to find out. In a perfect world, I didn't want him finding out at all. "Look me in the eyes!" For a smaller man, he was so strong. He shook me hard, causing my head to fling up. He eyes held so much, I don't even know what emotion. The tears I tried holding at bay slipped out, almost to full out sobs.

"Please..." I said again, my voice cracking with tears. "You're... You're hurting... Me..."

Ravi suddenly seemed to figure out what was happening, since he let go of me. There was guilt written all about his face as he stared at me. "Leo... I'm..." His voice cracked. Ravi took a few steps back, his hand going up to cover his mouth.

I saw the opportunity, and I took it. With Ravi not holding me anymore, I took off out of the bathroom. I was a faster running, so I was able to run to an empty classroom, locking the door behind me. I held onto my chest, my heart racing, my breaths coming in pants.

"Leo! I'm sorry!" I heard Ravi slightly, hearing the anguish in his voice.

There was no way I could forgive him. I was shaking to much to even stand up again. I picked up my phone, calling my mom to come get me away from this hell hole.

~~~~~

Author's Note,

I thought I would post on Valentines day, because why not?

So this is where everything happens... I hope you guys don't hate me, since there will be a few chapters were there is no fluff, and it is just angst and a storm. Like I said, sorry about adding some intense parts.

Love,

Abby

P.S. I love seeing comments and messages from readers, it is awesome to hear suggestions!