15

SONG: The Love You're Given: Jack Garratt

HARRY and BLUE are laying in bed, lights out. There is a nightlight in the corner and a light in the hallway. They are falling asleep, cuddled up together.

BLUE: "Can I tell you something?"

HARRY: (moves around to prop his head up, looks at BLUE as she stays laying down) "Wait, you, my wife, wants to tell her own husband something? Hell no." (smiling cheekily at BLUE, poking her nose) "Of course you can tell me something. You can tell me anything."

BLUE: (shakily, closing her eyes) "You were never real to me."

HARRY: (alarmed, eyebrows raising) "What do you mean?"

BLUE: (deep inhale, lays on her back) "When we first met, in the meet and greet, it was too surreal for me to process. I couldn't wrap my head around it. And then we spent the next day together, which was all a blur, and then you left. As soon as you left, I immediately went into some kind of denial, without even having time to accept that you were real. I spent all my life seeing you through a screen, and then to have you actually touch me, it was just something I couldn't wrap my head around. And then you came back for me, and you kissed me in front of all those people, and no one had ever done anything like that for me before, so I still couldn't accept that you were real. And I got so attached to you, but I had to keep telling myself that you weren't real so that when I finally woke up from my dream, I wouldn't be hurt. Because I could say I knew it wasn't real. I just kept telling myself, 'It's not real. It's not real.' But on our wedding day, I forgot to tell myself that it wasn't real because it felt so real. And then when we got to the cabin the first day, I looked at you and I realized how stupid I had been to let myself stop lucid dreaming, and it just went downhill from there. I just hated myself so much, but you treated me so well, and so I couldn't think of any reason you would stay with me except for my body. And so I tried so hard to fit what the media made your standards out to be, and I just lost myself. I don't know what happened. It was terrifying. It didn't feel like a dream at all, it felt like a nightmare, and I couldn't even tell myself it wasn't real because I didn't feel like I was lucid dreaming, I actually felt wrapped up in all that was happening, and I just couldn't find the surface. And then when you signed those papers . . . ." (choked, starts crying) "When you signed those papers, I was feeling again, and I felt just a drop of control, and I was scared to death of losing you. And I started to realize, 'Maybe this is real. Maybe he does really love you. Maybe he really is here. Maybe.' And I just wanted to be better for you because I knew I couldn't lose you, dream or no dream. Whatever it was, I didn't want it to be over. I wanted it to go back to how it was, when we danced in your living room and recorded nonsense in the studio in the wee hours of the morning. I wanted that back, and I wanted all of the darkness to go away. Not only for you, but for me. And now, as you force me to take my medicine, and you tell me I'm beautiful everyday, and you stay by my side through everything, I realize it's real. I realize, now, I finally realize, that you're real. That this is real. And I realize that you really love me. And I hope you realize that I really love you. Because I do, and I don't have anything else to give you except my love, but I hope that can be enough."

HARRY: (sniffling, watching her open her eyes) "It's enough. It's more than enough. It's so much more." (leans over to kiss her, hugging her body tight to him)

HARRY runs his hands over BLUE's body to reveal that her bones aren't poking out and that she has fat on her stomach and thighs again.

p.s. this is over what the heck