2

"Blue!" Lana yelled.

Blue groaned and rolled over in her bed. She pushed the pillow into her head until all of her memories rushed back to her. She jolted up with a grin as big as the moon.

"Took you longer than I thought it would," Lana laughed, standing from her chair and retrieving Blue's coffee and delivering it to her.

"Thank you," Blue nodded, sipping the steaming drink through a wide smile. "How do you always manage to get in?"

"You really should lock your door," she laughed.

"I do!" She giggled along.

"Your back door," Lana added, nodding with a wink to her friend climbing out of bed.

Blue let her big tee hang off her shoulders as she walked to the restroom and brushed her teeth. She looked at herself in the mirror, thinking about the events of yesterday. She touched all over her face, feeling her smooth skin that was darker than all the other girls. She felt her unruly hair and ran product through it. Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at herself again, realizing that what she thought happened yesterday, never happened. It wasn't real. It couldn't have been.

"Blue!" Lana yelled. "Your phone is ringing!"

She wiped away her tears and sniffed her nose. She plastered a smile on her face and opened the door with exaggeration as she took the phone from Lana.

"Hello?" She choked, praying that whoever was on the other line couldn't tell she was a little shaken at the moment.

"Blue. Hi."

She nearly let the slick piece of plastic side through her skinny fingers. She knew that voice. She knew it, but not in this way.

"Who is this?" She asked, reminding herself it couldn't be who she thought it was.

"Ouch, not even twenty-four hours and you've already forgotten me. Fake fan," he joked.

"Oh, my God," she whispered, strictly to herself.

"Blue?"

"How-how did you find me?" She smiled, astonished that she was speaking to him.

"Ever heard of a phone book?" Harry asked, his accent making her eyes close for a split second.

"Yes, but I'm not in the phone book. This is my cell," she retorted, smiling even though he couldn't see her.

She pivoted around, looking for Lana, until she realized she had left. She shook her head and zoned back in to the conversation.

"Okay, okay, fine. I stalked your social media. You know, it's not safe to leave your personal information on the Internet. There are predators," he whispered the last sentence. She loved how she could hear his smile.

She loved him.

She laughed into the phone and was rewarded with his beautiful laugh. It hit her hard. Harry Styles was right there, on the other side of the line, laughing with her. She wasn't watching a concert video. She wasn't watching a TV special. She wasn't hearing an audio. She was experiencing the real thing.

"Blue?" He asked, letting her hear his smile again. His beautiful, beautiful smile.

"Harry?" She choked, not believing that she was saying his name. To him. Where he could hear it.

"I'm still in town until tonight.... Would you be interested in meeting up with me?" He questioned, leading her to convince herself that he wasn't nervous sounding.

"Wi-with you?" She stuttered. She pressed her hand to her chest and rubbed across the soft fabric of her older brother's forest green tee.

She imagined him pacing around his tour bus or hotel room, wearing a stupid shirt with the buttons undone to the middle of his torso and black jeans that she was pretty sure we're painted on by now, his ridiculously large boots clicking against the floor, clutching the phone with his thumb, index, and middle, just like boys do. His rings were probably on his middle finger and maybe his index, but never his pinky, and his skin where the cross was tattooed was rubbing up against the back of the phone. He was letting his hair fall in his face without a care, only focusing on her voice. He was smiling, so much that both of his dimples popped out. And she loved imagining him like that.

"Yeah, with me," he replied, sounding like he was nodding bashfully.

"I would love that," she answered, not even letting her schedule slip into her mind until after she answered him. He had started to mumble about where they could meet up, but she urged herself to interrupt.

"Harry, I have work today," she sighed, clutching her forehead.

"Oh, that's okay. Where do you work?" He asked, oddly not sounding disappointed. She ignored the taunting thought that seeped into her brain.

"At the movie theater downtown," she shyly answered. Even though she was only nineteen and fresh out of high school, she still hated admitting that she didn't have a better job.

"I'll tag along, then," he piped, the cheer coming back to his voice.

"I guess, I mean, I don't think my boss will mind. It's just that...." She trailed off, not wanting to address that he was Harry Styles.

"That what?" He questioned.

Why does he have to be so damn humble? she asked herself.

"I don't think you'll be treated how you deserve," She cringed, hating that she was so straightforward.

"Oh."

"Harry!"

"No, it's okay, Blue. I understand," he uttered.

"No, Harry. I don't think you do," she argued.

"Listen, it's fine. Really. I'm a big boy. I can handle a few hundred fans," he breathily laughed.

"I just hate seeing you treated like that," she honestly told him, finally resting her feet and plopping down on her bed, looking to the ceiling.

"Blue, it's fine. I just wanna spend time with you and I'm not gonna let anyone ruin that or get to me. I can take it," he smiled. She smiled, too, because he is just as good as she knew he was.

"I'll meet you there in thirty minutes?" She asked, giving herself time to get ready. 

"Sure," he replied, hanging up the phone as she clutched it to her heart.

She rolled her eyes back in her head and let her smile set up camp on her face, because she knew  it was going to be there all day. She squirmed and kicked her feet up in the air before rushing to get dressed and make herself presentable.

p.s. why is this so cute. it's hurting me

real || h.s.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara