4

"Where are we going?" Harry chuckled, scratching his nose with his thumb.

His hand was still holding onto Blue's despite her every attempt to subtly release him because she was definitely dripping with hand sweat.

Blue had stopped on the edge of the sidewalk outside the movie theatre, her toes going over the cement and balancing over the road. Harry was a few inches behind her, incredibly close to her side.

"I don't know," she answered truthfully.

He chuckled again, making her faint on the inside.

***

"Harry," Blue asked.

They were sitting together on the bench outside of the ice cream shop, desperately licking at their fast-melting cones.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what FanFiction is?" She smiled, feeling his arm brush against hers as he turned to look at the side of her face.

"Yes," he nodded.

"Have you ever read any?" She smirked.

"As a matter of fact, I have," he stated, proud of himself for a reason unknown to Blue.

"Do you remember the names?"

"Well, I've read some of the one that got published, After, and--" he started.

"Ugh!" Blue groaned excessively with a small smile on her lips.

"What?" He chuckled.

"That's the worst one!"

"Well, I don't know about the worst," he tried, being his usual self.

"You can take a break from being Earth's Sweetheart. It sucked," she laughed.

He laughed with her, but didn't reply.

"That's what this feels like, a FanFiction," she mumbled, barely allowing him to catch her words.

"How so?"

"Because it's so fictitious and unbelievable that you're here with me. It's so unrealistic that a fan would get to spend more than ten minutes with you, especially alone. It's so utterly unimaginable that you posses the heart that you do. It's just so improbable that something like this would happen anywhere outside of a biased, unpublished book. But it is happening, and I'm nearly 100% convinced that I'm dreaming," she lectured.

"Is it really that incredible that I become attracted to someone who is attracted to me and I decided that I would like to spend my free time with them?" Harry spoke after a long moment of pondering.

"See, things like that. Words like that," she pointed out.

"What about them?" He asked, kicking his legs back and forth.

"There's no way they can be real. I can hear them and I can see you, but it's not real. It's like when it storms before the sunset and the sky is purple and orange at the same time: It's visible, but it's not real," she compared.

"That's silly. You can't touch the sky," he joked, pulling her finger up to touch his nose, unaware of how far upside-down her stomach was because she had always wanted to boop his nose.

***

As their day came to a beautiful end with the lilac sunset, Harry reached for Blue's trembling hand and kept a slow pace on their way back to the theatre. It was getting colder as the sun went down, chill bumps popping up all over their skin. The wind pushed their hair behind their shoulders as they forced their legs across each busy street that was lit by neon signs and traffic lights.

"I don't want you to leave," Blue whined as they slowed to a stop in front of her apartment building. Tears were rapidly building up in her eyes and she wasn't even trying to keep them from falling.

Harry was silent, which made Blue cry harder, turning her cheeks pink and her knees weak.

"I hope to see you again, just don't go anywhere," he smiled, his beautiful dimples shoving knives into her heart.

"I won't," she sniffed.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her shoulders and clutched her fragile body to his. She let her body go numb from his touch and tried her hardest to give him an appropriate hug.

Her mind wandered back to yesterday, remembering what it felt like to see him and what it felt like to jump into his arms and have him be right there to catch her.

"I'm glad I met you, Blue," he whispered, kissing her hair.

"I'm glad I finally met you, Harry Styles."