The Seducing Bet

"A week later and I hadn't seen any of them. That was of course until one fateful night I got off work early and headed to Maclarens."

Ted walked into the bar a week later, it was the first time that nobody froze at the sound of the door opening. He looked around at the chatty occupants as he made his way over to the booth where Lily, Marshall, and Barney were sitting.

"I guess everyone finally got over the Kate and Chad thing ." Ted pointed out as he slid a chair up to the booth to sit with everyone

"Yeah, whatever happened to her?" They all looked over at Barney as Lily asked that question.

"What?"

"You're telling me you didn't go after that woman and hook up with her?" Ted gave him an accusing look as he pointed at the door.

Barney scoffed, "that girl was a victim of abuse I would never," and just when they thought Barney had gained some class he slapped a piece of paper on the table. "I got her number instead." He grinned fixing his tie.

"Of course you did." Marshall rolled his eyes taking a sip of her beer.

"I don't believe it," Ted shook his head. "Kate was socked across the face and questioned by the police, she did not give some stranger her number."

"Oh really, huh then I guess I'll just have to prove it," Barney smirked as he pulled out his phone and dialed the number.

Giving a taunting smile to Ted he answered the phone, "Hello there Kitty."

"Um.. Who's this?"

"Barney," there was no response. "The guy from the bar who saved your life."

"Oh, blondie?"

"That's me," Barney gave a strained smile. "Hey, why don't you come down to Maclarens, we can... hang out."

"Yeah, I'd love to and maybe after that we can head to my place." Barney grinned not noticing the sarcasm in her voice nor the looks on his friends faces as they watched Katherine walk up behind Barney.

In her usual black attire, a black Green day shirt tucked into a pair of black high waisted shorts, and a leather jacket.

"Yeah, totally. But only if you're okay with that."

Katherine pulled the phone from her ear and bent over beside Barney "Hey, Blondie."

Barney then proceeded to jump, startled, dropping his phone from his hand.

It was then that I decided that I really liked these weird people.

Katherine laughed as she slid into the booth next to him.

"Hey strangers long time no see." She grinned hanging up her phone and setting it to the side.

"Respect." Marshall nodded high giving the blonde.

"What was that?" Barney asked a hand over his chest.

"You tried to hit on me a week after I specifically said there was no way in hell." She chuckled shaking her head.

"Well, no way in hell, is a little definite don't you think." Barney chuckled. Marshall, Lily, and Ted shared a glance before awkwardly sipping there beer.

"Please, Blondie, I'm way out of your league." Yet she still kept her bright smile.

"One my name is Barney, two nobody's out of my league, and three I bet you 500$ I could get you to sleep with me within a week."

Katherine looked over at the two across from her who shook their head before glancing at Barney and smirking, "How about this, if I can resist your... 'Charm' then you owe me a lifetime of pizza. And If you somehow manage to get me into bed ill-"

"Mom!" Both her kids shrilled with wide eyes.

Katherine laughed, "fine, I won't tell you what I said. But you're missing out."

Barney grinned like a little boy on Christmas "deal."

"And that was that, for the next week he would not leave me alone..."