Change of Scenery

FIRST.  Wattpad finally doesn't hate me (knock on wood LOL) so yeah I can finally post some goddamn pictures.

So, this is what Layne looks like during these past few chapters.  Yeah he kinda looks like shit, but he makes shit look good.  If that makes sense lmao:::

Aaaaand this is what Briana looks like

Aaaaand this is what Briana looks like.  She's a sexy betch lol:::

  She's a sexy betch lol:::

ANYWAYS, onto the chapter.

*******

He didn't know what to feel.  It seemed like all he could do anymore was analyze & take in his surroundings.  In just the past week of staying with Briana, his entire way of living did a full 180.

Briana smoked, but she didn't allow it in her house.  Of course Layne followed this rule, but he constantly caught himself almost lighting a cigarette in her house like clockwork.  Lucky for him, Briana knew not to yell or freak out on him when he did this.  She knew he was withdrawing, slowly, from opiates & that he easily got skittish.

There wasn't any alcohol in her house.  Heck, or any mind-altering substance, for that matter.  Layne knew this because he searched her house one night when she was at work at the hospital.  She didn't drink or take or smoke ANY drugs.  It fascinated him.  He had never seen anyone like that before in his life.

What was the biggest change to him, though, was the respect & kindness he was receiving from her.  He still was waiting for Briana to show her 'true colors'.  To pop open a bottle of wine or maybe a bottle of norcos.  To flip her lid on him & prove to him how snide / judgmental / envious / materialistic she was.  Every time he assumed Briana JUST might pull out her 'surprise color wheel', he was stunned.  She was still the same person she had presented to him in the beginning.  Only difference was that he knew more about her.

He didn't know whether to like this or find discomfort in it.  All he knew was that he was attracted to her.  And that gave him more than enough reason to not pursue her.

"Layne?" Briana called out from the door to the patio. She grinned when she saw his pale angular face turn to her, cigarette in hand.

"Yeah?" He asked.