Chapter 18- Falling For A Thug

Start from the beginning

"You dumb as hell, man. I have never seen Blaze care for anyone the way he cares for you. That nigga is ruthless, he don't give a fuck but when it comes into you? He's a different person, I swear. Talk to him, and figure out what y'all gon do. If y'all wanna be in a relationship, than get together. If you don't.. oh well, you tried, but imma let you think about it. I gotta go but call me if you need anything, aright?" he spoke, I decided to actually think about it because this is my first time hearing Jermaine be serious.

"Okay.. I'll call you later. Bye Jermaine," I hung up the phone and got out of the bed, going to the kitchen to get something to drink.

I know I'm a little upset since I'm here, but I'm not too upset since I'm not in that hell hole anymore with those people. I'm free and I have every right to be a little happy, I'm tired of laying in bed all day crying. I don't want to go back into a depression, I want to live.

"How are you feeling? Are you okay?" my dad asked as he brought the cup of coffee to his lips, I nodded.

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure? You can just-"

"Dad, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me," I assured him as I grabbed a bottle of water.

"It's just I feel so bad knowing I left you here with your mom while she was hurting you. I promise you don't have to worry about her again, the only thing I want is to make up everything to you, if you let me."

"You don't have to feel bad, I'm okay, really," I assured him as I looked down at my phone as it vibrated from a text.

Blaze: get dressed, I'm coming to pick you up

My heart momentarily dropped and I couldn't held the smile that formed on my face at his message. I love how he never asks, he just demands. Call me crazy but I think that it's cute.

Okay

"Who's that?" my dad asked, nodding to my phone.

"It's Blaze.. he told me he's on his way to pick me up," I informed him.

"Did you ask if he can pick you up?" I rose a brow.

"Well I mean he's already on his way-"

"That's not what I said. You have to start asking before you go with him, when you get back we'll make some rules," he tried to fuss but I wasn't really listening. I turned my back to him and walked back to my room to take a quick shower. I put on a pair of black tights, a pink sweater and a tan pair of uggs before putting my hair in a braid.

"What time will you be back?" my dad asked, I shrugged.

"I don't even know where we're going."

"So then why are you going with him-"

"Dad! I'll be back later tonight, it's only Blaze, not some stranger, geez," I snapped just as I heard a car honk from outside, I walked out the door and ignored my dad as he called for me to get back inside.

I hurried to his truck and hopped in, putting on my seatbelt. I inhaled his cologne that was in the car before looking at him, he was backing out the driveway and was wearing a black shirt, black jeans with black and yellow Jordan's.

"Why you got that look on your face?" he asked as he sped down the road, going almost ninety. Blaze always drives fast but never gets pulled over for it, I'm kinda used to his driving at this point.

"It's nothing-"

"Monique," he warned, cutting his eyes at me, I sighed.

"It's my dad, he never leaves me alone and then just now, he didn't want me to come with you," I explain to him, he made a face.