Chapter 18- Falling For A Thug

And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in.

~Monique~

We pulled up to my dads house and I looked around. It was a two story house in a nice neighborhood, but it still wasn't as nice as Blaze's house. That's where I'd rather be, with him and Coco, but I promised him that I'd at least give my dad a try before crying to him, so I'm going to do just that.

"Come on, it's just going to be us for a few hours," he informed me as he grabbed my bags and headed inside. His house now was much similar to the one in Miami, just a tiny bit bigger.

"Um, I still have to unpack some things so you can have some alone time down here. Call me if you need anything," I nodded and he kissed my forehead. I took my shoes off and slowly climbed in bed, being cautious of my ribs. I snuggled under the covers and looked at my phone.

Hey..

Blaze: you good?

Yeah, it's just different. My body still hurts . Can we FaceTime later?

Blaze : yeah, I'll see. I'll call you later today, keep it easy for me until then?

Always :)

I put my phone up and closed my eyes, I don't know why, but I'm always so tired. Maybe it's because of my lack of sleep in this past week? It's always hard for me to go to sleep because I often fear of the nightmares I get on some nights. Only difference now is that Blaze isn't here to comfort me.

Maybe I shouldn't take a nap?

I got up from the bed and started to unpack my clothes, that was my best bet. As I was unpacking I was thinking maybe I shouldn't be so hard on my dad? This isn't really his fault. I can't really blame anyone other than my mom.

Also, me being away from Blaze might not be such a bad idea after all. If I was with him, it wouldn't be doing anything for me except making my feelings and love for him grow, and I don't think I want that.

From the beginning he told me he doesn't date.. but then again when I asked him a while ago he said he'd date me, maybe. I'm just confused and have no idea on what to do.

I've been here for all of the fifteen minutes and I'm already going crazy. My phone buzzed and I looked over at it.

Bestfriend🙄: Hey ugly, we still have to talk

No we don't :)

Bestfriend🙄: Girl don't play with me, yes tf we do. I didn't forget what you said... were you being fr? Call me.

I sighed and picked up my phone to dial his number because I know if I didn't call him, he'd never leave me alone about it.

"So tell me, were you being serious?" he asked as soon as he picked up.

"Yes, but please don't say anything to him. I know he doesn't feel the same way for me so for now I'll just let him be. It's okay," I replied with a shrug of my shoulders even though he couldn't see me.

"So you mean to tell me you just gon sit back and watch other girls kiss up on your boy? Just talk to him, man, that's all you need to do."

"And embarrass myself? I don't think so. From the beginning he said he doesn't do relationships, why would I try forcing him into something he doesn't want?" I asked as I scrunched up my face.