Chapter 4- Falling For A Thug

Be strong now because things will get better, it might be stormy now but it can't rain forever.

1 week later.

For the past week I've been staying with Trey and his mom until my arm has healed a little more. The pain hasn't completely gone away, but it feels better than it has before.

Since I've left my mom has been blowing up my phone and sending me threats if I don't come home. And I can't ignore them anymore. I have to go home today unless I want the people around me to get hurt also.

"You hungry?" he asked as I got in the car, I shook my head no.

"Just take me to the dance studio, I need to be there in a few minutes," I told him as I looked out the window.

"You can't seriously be thinking about the dance studio right now with that thing on your arm."

"Just take me there," I begged. He sighed in response and even though I know he really didn't want to take me there, he drove in that direction anyway.

"I'll pick you up later," he promised me before I got out, I shook my head no.

"No, I'll be fine."

"Monique-" before he could get his sentence out, I closed the door and headed inside. Burned arm or not, I knew that I had to be here because I needed the money.

During the class, I just had them review the parts they already knew. I tried the best I could to teach them the rest of the routine but I just couldn't because of my arm. Luckily, when I first made the dance I recorded myself doing it to see if I liked it or not so now I can just play it and hopefully they'll just eventually catch on and learn it that way.

"I been drinking... I been drinking." The song started off. I swayed my hips to the beat and began with the routine, along with everyone else. There was a part of the dance where I had to lift my arm and for a second I completely forgot that I was injured because I was so into the dance. So when that part came up, I swung my arm up in the air and winced from the pain that came afterwards.

"Shoot!" I hissed as I held my wrapped arm with the other one. I squeezed my eyes shut and took deep breaths.

"We woke up in the kitchen saying how the hell did this shit happen, oh baby." The song continued to blast through the speakers as I silently watched everyone else dance to it. The majority of them basically had the entire dance down, hopefully this arm heals pretty quick so that I can get back to doing the one thing that I love most.

When I was finished at the studio, I wasn't surprised to see Trey's car parked right in the front.

"Did you not hear me when I said not to pick me up?" I asked him as I put on my seatbelt.

"Yeah I heard you," he mumbled pulling off.

"So I was thinking Zaxby's or ChikFilA, which one do you prefer?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Which one do you wanna get something to eat from?"

"I don't know, I'm not eating. I have no money to buy any food," I told him honestly. That hospital bill was not cheap and I had to pay for it by myself.

"You don't have to worry about paying," Trey told me as he turned into Zaxby's. I always feel bad when he spends his money on me because I feel like I have to pay him back somehow but I have no way to.

We got out the car and headed inside the packed restaurant. After we ordered our food we were on our way to go sit down at one of the tables when I heard loud talking coming from a few tables over.