Chapter 8- Falling For A Thug

A father is a man who expects his son to be as good as a man as he is mean to be.

~Blaze~

"Who is she, and why is she staring at me like that?" I asked my father growing more aggravated by the minute because I don't like being stared at. It's rude, and that's one of my biggest pet peeves. But he didn't answer me, he just continued to stare at her like a dear caught in headlights.

"Yo!" I yelled getting his attention by snapping in his face. "What the hell is going on?"

"Son, calm down and stop yelling. Damn," he mumbled and I rose a brow.

"Who is she? And why is she staring at me?" I asked him slowly, and he sighed before motioning her over. She slowly walked towards us and stood next to me.

If she don't stop staring at me, I swear.

"Son, this is an old friend of mine, Lucia. She's um, she's, well she's your mother."

I'm just going to pause right here for a second before I go any further. Did he just say my mother? Because last time I checked, my mother is the one who basically ruined my life. She's the one that didn't want me when I was born, because of her I was put in foster care, because of her I couldn't trust anybody. Now I'm twenty something years old and she wants to come around?

"You being forreal?" I asked looking back and forth between the two.

"Yeah... I haven't seen her in almost fifteen years. What are you doing here?" he asked her, I just stood back and watched them.

"I came here to talk to you, I wanted you to help me find Jr, but he's right here," she said looking at me, I scrunched up my face.

"The hell? You ain't my mama, my mama died six years ago," I snapped, referring to my foster mother. She was the only one that cared for me, and she was the only person I truly, genuinely cared about. She was there for me when no one else was. She would always protect me from the older kids, and she would always make sure I was okay.

No one else did that for me but her.

I had already been to three foster homes before that, but I stayed with her and never left until her time was up. She lost a battle to cancer and when she did I was absolutely crushed. She was my momma and I loved her, I trusted her. You could probably only imagine the pain I felt when she died, I ran away after that. I had no purpose in staying there if she wasn't there.

I was thirteen and living on the streets until I met Jermaine and Mike. Jermaine's family took me in, even though I didn't want a family, they accepted me and I'm thankful for that. I know my moms watching over me, possibly shaking her head at my actions, but a man gotta do what he gotta do. Out here it's either kill or get killed.

"Lucia, I think you should go," my dad spoke giving me a sympathetic look, he knew how I feel about my foster moms death. Lucia frowned.

"Wait, no. I've been looking for him for years-"

"I was never lost. Listen lady, I don't know who you are, who you think you are, nor do I give a fuck about what you think you are to me. So just stop," I said getting aggravated with her, she started to cry but tears don't effect me... Only Monique's tears actually make me feel upset. "Yo pops, I'll come back to see you in a few days when it's just us, alright?" he nodded and we hugged briefly.

"Alright, be safe out there in them streets. Love ya, kid."

"Love you too," I told him before waking out. I heard her calling my name but I ignored it and kept walking. I don't know who she is claiming she my mother. She must not know that I don't have a mother.