Chapter 8

Lloyd could barely breath. It hurt so much to. He couldn't take deep enough breaths.

Oh God. I'm gonna die.

He didn't even raise his head when he heard the door open. He didn't have the energy to. His breaths came in ragged gasps, and he could hear a crackling in his chest that made him cringe.

It was when he felt the tip of a blade against his chin that he looked up, breath hitching.

He looked up, and, to no one's surprise, saw Scales standing there, pressing something that looked like a Fang Blade against his chin.

"Your father hasss run off," the General said. "He probably went crawling to your friendsss, jussst like lassst time."

Scales removed the blade from his chin and Lloyd's head immediately dropped. He just didn't have the strength to hold it up. Scales moved around to his back.

"What...what are...you...doing?" The Green Ninja spoke his first words in hours, maybe even days, who knows. His voice was raspy, matching the sound of his breathing.

"Oooh, so you finally decide to speak!" Lloyd could no longer see the snake as the last of his tail disappeared from view. It made him extremely nervous.

"If you mussst know, I'm cutting off the back of your uniform." Lloyd could feel the tip of the blade brush against his skin. He started to get suspicious; Scales was being very careful not to break skin.

"Wh...why?" He broke into a coughing fit, shaking the chains that suspended his arms above him. When it finally stopped, his lungs felt like they were on fire. He started to suspect one of his broken ribs had punctured a lung. That would explain a lot.

"You'll find out sssoon enough." Lloyd felt the last of the fabric fall away. Now his entire back was exposed.

Scales retuned to the front and left, not bothering to close the door.

What is he up to? Whatever it is, I don't like it.

The snake came back moments later, this time carrying a small vile. Lloyd shrunk away as much as he could from the Hypnobrai General as he poured the contents of the vile along the edge of the Fang Blade replica.

"The vile contained Venomari poissson," he said, working it into the blade. "Normally it just makesss you deluuuusional, but when mixed with a little Fangpyre venom, it becomes much worse." Lloyd knew exactly why Scales had removed the fabric on his back now. He started struggling against the chains once more, ignoring his protesting ribs. A sick curiosity allowed him to continue to listen to the rest of the explanation, though.

"It'sss not lethal, but when it comesss in contact with human sskin, it caussses excruciating pain. When it entersss the bloodssstream, it feelsss like liquid fire is coursssing through your veinsss."

The snake suddenly went very quiet. All that could be heard was the clinking of Lloyd's chain and his ragged breathing. Eventually, the Green Ninja stopped moving and looked up at the large, blue snake. Big mistake.

Scales was ready for him. "Look in to my eyessss..."

No!

But it was too late. Lloyd was trapped in the General's hypnotizing stare.

"Stay still."

For some reason, Scales left him possession of his own mind. He was aware of everything that was happening. He tried to move. His muscles refused to respond. His mouth still worked, though.

"Wh...what are you planning on...on doing?"

It was a stupid question. They both knew. Scales didn't even bother respond, just slithered back behind Lloyd. The Ninja tried to command back of his muscles, to get anything to respond so he could get away from this sadistic snake. He knew, though, that even if he could move, he couldn't get away. The Venge Stone canceled all his powers. There was no way he could get out of this.

The minute the blade touched his bare skin Lloyd almost screamed. It set his nerves on fire. Everything burned, like he was being roasted alive. When Scales broke skin, he did scream. His body was on fire. He didn't even become numb after a while. Every stroke of the blade sent new waves of liquid fire rolling through his system, burning everything. He saw red. Lloyd could feel the purposefulness in the strokes as well. Scales was carving something.

Something warm ran down his back. He couldn't stop screaming. It hurt. It hurt so badly. He wanted it all stop. As soon as Scales was done, he released his spell on Lloyd. The Green Ninja instantly passed out.