Chapter 5

Lloyd's ribs throbbed. He hadn't even noticed the pain until he started struggling again and he stretched the wrong way. He would've doubled over, but, as it was, he could barely move. He was breathing hard, his hair matted with sweat. He looked up, fury and agony dancing in his eyes as Scales entered the cell.

"You look terrible!" Lloyd didn't say anything, just watched as the snake pulled out a camera and snapped a picture of him. "This'll go to that ship of yours and your friends. Maybe I'll bring a copy of your father." The Hypnobrai general noticed Lloyd's eyes widen at the mention of his father.

"Yesss, I've already ssseen Garmadon. His reactshhhon to the picture I took while you were still unconsssssciousss was pricelesss. And let me tell you," Lloyd forgot how to breathe for a moment. "He looked so broken, it'sss hard to believe that, one day, one of you will have to kill the other."

The snake handed the camera to another Serpentine outside and came closer. "Hmmm, I wonder..."

Scales placed a hand on Lloyd's side and added a little pressure. The Green Ninja had to grit his teeth and squeeze his eyes shut to keep from crying out.

"My, you have gotten ssstronger," Scales praised, pushing harder onto his prisoners ribs. "A little boy would be sssscreaming in agony by now." His tone dropped, becoming menacing. "How far will I have to go till I push you over the edge?"

The blue snake placed his remaining hand on Lloyd's other side and pushed with equal force on both sides. Lloyd felt like he was in the grip of Skalidor again: he was unable to move, unable to free himself, and completely helpless. He couldn't stop a strangled cry from escaping his lips.

"Oooh, you're clossse, Chosen One. Let'ssss sssssee..." Scales pushed harder. A sharp crack! echoed through the small cell, followed by a shrill scream.

"Oopssssss, now they're broken."