Chapter Fourteen ☾

A/N: Picture of the lovely sunset. Happy reading~

Blyn held onto my hand as we walked out of the temple entrance to the alter. When we reached a rounded set of cherry wood doors Blyn stepped forward to push it open. The main hall of the temple is in fact a courtyard. The temple walls surrounded the lush green courtyard.

As we walked toward the alter we passed by many of Blyn's people. Those who arrived earlier are seated while others are standing. Small touches line the side of the aisle that is made up of purple rose petals and white lilac flowers. I wonder if someone had chosen the flower petals that make up the aisle. The meaning of the flowers symbolizes Blyn and I perfectly.

The setting sun is an orange hue in front of us. The clouds are various sizes and shapes that are scattered across the sky. The sky itself is a calm pale pink color. Blyn and I walked up the short steps that lead to the alter. The Priest stands behind a wooden chest that has carvings of emeralds. The chest is placed on a small table that is covered by an emerald tablecloth.

The Priest has short graying black hair and soft blue eyes. He is wearing a ceremonial robe in various shades of green with silver trimmings at the neck and sleeves. The Priest instructed us to look at the sea in front of us. The sea waves are calm and a soft jade. The Priest began to sing about the Sea God and his mate. The Priest sang in a beautiful soft deep voice.

The song depicts the love between the Sea God and Goddess. However, I wonder why the Sea Goddess is not well known in most lands. In the Lunar Isle she is briefly mentioned in name only as the Sea Gods mate and wife. I shall have to ask Blyn about my curiously of the Sea God and Goddess another time. The Priest ends the song and then closes his eyes momentarily.

The once calm ocean waves are now moving in larger and more frequent waves. The slight sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs underneath us can be heard. The Priest slowly opened his eyes, and then looked directly at Blyn and I. "Will someone from the House of Emeral bring forth the chain of fate" instructed the Priest. If I remember correctly the chain of fate is supposed to symbolize the red string of fate. 

From the corner of my eye I can see a young woman, around Estrellita's age, walking towards us. She is slightly shorter than I am, perhaps she is 5'2'', with light tan skin. Her stunning jade green eyes strongly resemble King Thorin's eyes. Fringe bangs rest neatly on her forehead while  her black hair is styled into a bun. Her pink halter neck gown is simply unique and stunning. The gown has a mermaid bottom with small side slits. 

I have never seen a gown like this before, so I assume that she is Blyn's sister if she is wearing such a gown. If she is his sister I will have to thank her for making me such a beautiful gown for my mating ceremony. She steps next to the Priest while holding onto a chain. The cuffs on the chain have an emerald in the center. The silver chain connects the cuffs and has a tint of red. 

The Priest smiled as he took the chain from the young woman's hands. "You may return to your seat Lady Elycia". She nodded and walked toward the alter steps that would lead her to the seating area. The Priest looked down as he opened each cuff. He walked forward until he stood in front of us. "Your Majesty, would you extend your right arm". 

Blyn followed the Priests instructs and extended his long muscular right arm forward. The Priest securely strapped the cuff to Blyn's wrist. A small click was heard to signify that the cuff is indeed secure on his wrist. "Lady Carita, would you please extend your left arm". I extended my left arm forward as the Priest instructed. He placed the cuff around my wrist, and then clasped it into place. 

The Priest stepped back and looked at Blyn and I. "May your bond be as strong and ever lasting as the cuffs typing you both together". The Priest walked towards the chest that has been sitting on the table. He opened the lid, slowly revealing a soft glowing light. "Once you hold onto one another's bonded hands, place them in the chest, so that your bonding will be completed".