SP - PART 1 Chapter 1 Raining Paradox

Part 1, Chapter 1 - Raining Paradox
Alana

The rain keeps coming down, hard and relentless. My eyesight limited, only sound of the rain pelting my car. Miserable. Only word for how I feel driving in this rain. It'd stop soon, is all I could think. Along with how my mom was going to ring my neck the moment I walk in the door for being irresponsibly late.

IDFC by BlackBear blast through my car, keeping myself wake. Almost one in the morning and it's the only way to keep my eyes open. Driving as fast as possible blaring music was the only way to make it home right now.

As I slowly make my way home I see some orange blur on the side of the road before a person walks into the road holding their stomach. I slam on my breaks as they wave their hand before collapsing.

"SHIT!" I scream, running out of the car after the person. I run to their side, realizing it's a boy that use to go to my school. He's bruised all over, he looks horrible.

I start to panic, who did this to you? No, I can't panic right now. His life is in my hands and right now he is cold. I push the panic down, shaking my head, "Focus damnit," I huff.

I slap his cheek slightly, "Wake up." I shake his shoulders, "Come on."

He coughs before flickering his eyes open, "Yes! Come on, get up." I say slowly, trying to lift his body. I put his arm over my shoulder lifting him with his help. We walk as fast as possible to my car. Opening the door I put him in the seat, slipping out from under his arm.

"Damn, you're cold. Take off your shirt and pants. No arguing. I have a hoodie and sweatpants in the back. You need to get warm." Before he could protest I open the my backside door, opening my bag. Taking the sweats I throw them to him. Running back to the door, I lean over him to blast the heat.

"I won't look." I say quietly before pulling away from the door. I feel a tug on my arm, I look over at him. His head bowed to me.

"I-" his voice is so raw, "I- need help. I am to h-hurt." My heart ached again, who did this to you? I sigh slightly, tugging off his shirt as softly as possible, replacing it with my hoodie.

I saw all the bruises lining this boys body. Purple, blue, and black dancing over his skin as if they belong there permanently. Some old, other fresh. Scars litter his porcelain skin, the color of pink showing their age. His eyes are dull as I look into them. Barely showing the boy I knew at school, he isn't himself. He looks dead and defeated. Defenseless.

Who did this to you?

"Are you able to get your pants off by yourself?" I ask him, not knowing if he needs my help for those as well.

"No," he glances at my face, "I just couldn't get my shirt off because of my arm." Noticing how he held it close to his body, clearly hurting badly.

"Alright," smiling slightly trying to give him comfort, "I will stand in front of the car while you finish. Don't take to long, it's raining." I say with humor, hoping to get a smile.

Walking around the car, I waited until I heard the door shut after a minute of waiting to know he was ready and dressed. I quickly run around my car to my still opened door. Slipping into the car, shutting the door to look at him. He has stopped shaking and has some color to him now.

He was warmer, thank god.

I reach to put the car in DRIVE when I saw movement from his side of the car. Soon realizing it's a person. Who else would be running around in the middle of no where in this type of weather besides someone looking for him? He isn't in the best shape so, right now I trust no one. I need to get him out of here before I ask questions.