Chapter 47 - Darkness Prevails

(Warning: Content gets slightly more graphic from here on out, time for blood n stuff ;) )

"Pikachu, electro ball!" Ash started the fight without a moments hesitation. He didn't know the kind of opponent he was up against, but he knew that he had to put everything into this fight, for his friends.

Pikachu leaped up from the green grass, still fresh with slippery mud from the storm prior to the battle and the ball of electricity grew at the back of his tail. Pikachu pushed himself forwards and used the momentum to launch the ball at the Darkrai.

Ash watched as Darkrai took the hit like it was nothing. I was expecting that. He thought, with a challenging grin. Ash twisted his hat so the front end was at the back. 

"Whatever you do, I won't lose" The Boss said with a cruel grin in return. Ash could see the malice on his face, a face that yearned for chaos and destruction, a sadistic and methodical man encased in robes as black as the night sky. 

"Pikachu, iron tail!" Ash decided not to reply and instead focused on the battle, because he knew he couldn't lose. 

"Darkrai, dodge it" The Boss didn't even move a muscle, he continued to grin, his face still covered, but his shining white teeth flashing back at Ash, whose brows furrowed in irritation. 

Darkrai moved out of the way as Pikachu swung his iron coated tail down, the move connecting with the ground instead of Darkrai.

"Darkrai, dark pulse" The Boss's cold voice rang out through the trees as he spoke. Darkrai instantly shifted its shadow-like body and the orb of dark energy appeared. Within an instant, the dark pulse came crashing down over Pikachu, sending him flipping into a tree. 

Pikachu crashed hard into the tree, the Pidgey's inside it flying away in panic. 

Ash looked up at the Pidgey's and continued to keep his thoughts in check. This isn't just for my friends, it is for the whole region, Pokemon included. 

"Whatever you're thinking, it is wrong" The Boss made Ash turn around.

"As long as I keep fighting till the end, then I am not wrong" he said, crouching next to Pikachu. "You okay buddy?" 

Pikachu struggled to nod, Ash could see Darkrai had lots of power. 

"Guess I will have to use the Pokemon that has already beat your Pokemon" Ash put Pikachu down by the tree and then threw out another pokeball. 

"Sceptile!" Sceptile came out of his pokeball and Ash put his hand on the grass type Pokemon.

"You can do this" was all he said, before taking a step back. 

"Another Pokemon has come out to play, hmm?" The Boss wasn't phased. Instead, he turned to Pikachu, who was lying under the shade of a tree and a grin crept onto his face once again. "Darkrai, dark pulse on Pikachu"

"What?!" Ash felt like everything was in slow motion at that moment. He realized that Team Shadow wasn't going to fight fairly, that they would do anything to win. Ash threw himself in front of Pikachu and took the dark pulse with all of the strength he could muster up. Ash flew back from the explosive power and his whole body hit the tree Pikachu was under. Ash landed next to Pikachu, face first and slowly got back up.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked, struggling to get up himself because his friend was in trouble.

"I-I'm okay" Ash groaned, holding his stomach as he wobbled onto his feet.

"Oh, I see" The Boss smiled. He knew Ash would do anything to ensure Pikachu was okay, which would be his undoing. "Darkrai, dark pulse on Pikachu again.