Chapter 5 - Serena vs Miette

The training tournament was now in the final stage. After a long day, it had come down to the final battle. Serena vs Miette. Everyone was having dinner before the battle and Miette called Serena over for a talk.

"Today has been rough, huh?" Miette said, as soon as Serena followed her outside.

"Skip the small talk" Serena replied bluntly. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk to you, about Ash" Miette admitted, making Serena jump back nervously.

"Wh-why?" Serena mumbled, slightly puzzled yet embarrassed. 

"Well, because, you like him don't you?" Miette looked at Serena out of the corner of her eye. "You still haven't told him, have you?"

"Why are you asking me this? You know I haven't. Do you like him?" Serena wondered, knowing that Miette was her competition.

"Not really" Miette suddenly admitted. "I always used to say just to get under your skin" 

"What for?" Serena pressed on.

"Simply put, I was trying to get you to tell Ash how you feel, but it looks like you never got the chance" Miette smiled a little and Serena's opinion of her started to change. It was as if her evil intentions were just her acting.

"Oh, I see" Serena looked down, not really knowing what to say. "Let's go back inside, they will probably be waiting for us"

Serena was right. They were all waiting for Serena and Miette to step into the arena.

"This is the final match. We decided the winner will get something of their choice from someone in the room, but it can not be a Pokemon" Clemont announced. "With that, let the match begin!"

"Ok Slurpuff, it's your time to shine!" Miette announced her Pokemon, throwing the poke ball into the air. Slurpuff came out and awaited its opponent.

"Braixen, lets do this one more time!" Serena said with confidence, sending out Braixen.

"Hey Clemont, hasn't she used Braixen every time?" Ash asked, leaning over his seat. 

"She has, which is strange. I would've thought Pancham or Eevee might get some chances" Clemont studied Serena and Braixen, who seemed fine for the moment.

"Now Serena, it doesn't matter who loses, because we still have our other competition" Miette teased, with a wink at Serena. 

Serena began blushing like crazy, but remembered what Miette said, so she forced a wink back. "Right back at ya!"

"Slurpuff use psychic on Braixen!"

"Braixen, use fire blast to shield yourself from Slurpuff!" Serena instantly ordered. It was clear she was ready for anything and it was also clear that Braixen and her had been training hard. Braixen span her stick around and a huge fire ball grew in the middle. Then, the fire ball shot out six different flames in either direction and they joined together to make a shield, before exploding.

"I see" Clemont pushed his glasses up as everyone looked at him for an explanation "Fire blast usually encases itself around the target, but because Serena asked for a shield, Braixen caused an explosion so Slurpuff couldn't use psychic" 

The smoke from the explosion cleared out and Slurpuff had to take a few steps back.

"Now, use flamethrower!" Serena threw her hand into the air and Braixen threw her stick into the air. The fire in her stick became a large fiery ball at the end. Braixen threw the stick down and the flame shot out, just like a flamethrower. The flames shot at Slurpuff at such a high speed, it connected before Slurpuff could even react at all. The flamethrower sent Slurpuff back a step, but she recovered well.