Back In Action

~Serena's POV~

Whelp. I WAS suppose to be at home, relaxing. But nope. I am currently flying across the Indian Ocean towards some ship named the 'Lemurian Star' (I think that's what it was unless that was a star that they were chasing......). How did this happen? Well, let's back track just a lil bit.

~Rewind~

After saying bye to Sam, I jogged home.

"Dr. Ace." Fury scared the shit out of me when I walked through the door. "What the fuck Nick. Oh my gosh. Give me a damn heart attack would ya? Sheesh, couldn't you wait until I got home, and knock on the door like a normal person?" I ranted slightly as I tried to calm my racing heart down. "You know that's not my style Dr. Ace." Fury chuckled slightly as he pushed off the kitchen counter that he was leaning against. 

"So what do I owe this visit Fury?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"Well, I know I removed you from S.H.I.E.L.D and all, but I need you to go on this extraction mission with the Captain. You will be more safe on that mission with him than staying here." Fury told me. "What you mean? Fury, what's going on?" I asked in a stern voice. "Serena, do you know why I removed you from S.H.I.E.L.D in the first place?" He questioned me. "Because I was a 'distraction' to the Captain." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "That is the reason I gave you, but that is not the real reason." Fury said. "Enlighten me then." I said, leaning against the wall.

"I removed you because the people that are ultimately in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D wanted to apprehend you, and put you under S.H.I.E.L.D's profiles and such. They wanted to experiment with you. So, I told them that I removed you, and that you were killed in a mission. Of course, they went out and scouted for your body, but found nothing but a pile of ashes. They persisted for a while after that, but they've given up. Or at least what it seemed like for a bit until they moved their attention to you, as in you, Serena Ace. They're planning on targeting you tonight. A simple kidnap and such." Nick told me. 

"Damn." Was the only thing that I could say when I heard all that. "Those fuckers really need to die don't they?" I chuckled a bit as I pushed off the wall, and rolled my shoulders. "Yes they do, so you see why I need you to go on that mission with the Cap?" Nick chuckled slightly. "Whelp, guess it's time to get back into action then huh?" I sighed, stretching my arms above my head. "Wait, wouldn't the people on mission turn me in afterwards?" I asked when the thought hit me. "Just be cautious, and stick to the Captain." Nick told me.

"Here is the location, you should start now because you have to fly there yourself." Nick handed me a tablet that hand the mission info. "Is the jet on the roof?" I asked, looking up at Nick. "Oh, maybe I should clarify: you are flying there yourself. As in, you have to fly there with your wings. Any mode of transportation is to risky, they have eyes every where." Nick told me. "Oh how I wish you were kidding." I sighed. After Nick left, I went to the back of my closet and pulled out an all black outfit because I don't think my normal white angel dress would be appropriate for a mission in the dark of night. 

~Back to present~

~Back to present~

So yep, here I am, flying to the stupid ship. I am so nailing arrows into some asses later. As the ship came into my field of vision, I could hear a jet approaching. 'Guess I made it on time.' I thought as I kept on flying towards the ship. 

As I was a few feet away from the ship, I see something plunge into the water. Curious, I fly over the area to see if it was something that was tossed over board or something like that. But to my surprise, a person surfaced. To be more precise, Steve surfaced. I look up to the sky, where I could faintly see the jet. 'Did that crazy idiot just jump out of that jet without a parachute!?' My eyes widened when I put the two together. 'This is doofus of mine.' I chuckled lightly to myself, shaking my head as I tailed Steve from the air.

I watched as Steve climbed up the chain and swing himself over the railing, knocking out a guard that was patrolling. Then, I noticed a guard that was approaching Steve from behind, and Steve didn't seem to show any sign of noticing the approaching guard. So, I summoned my bow and shot the guard right in the ass. Yep, nailed him right in the sucker. 

Either way, after I shot him in the butt, I swoop down and knock him in the face with the edge of my wing, knocking him out. "Serena, what are you doing here?" Steve asked when he noticed that it was me. "Fury sent me for my safety. Apparently the higher ups were planning on kidnapping me tonight. But hey, it feels good to be back in action." I grinned as I stretched my arms above my head. "So where to Captain?" I chuckled sheepishly. "Follow me, and do not leave me side. Or else." He attempted to threat me, making me roll my eyes at him. 

I followed Steve as we ran on the deck, knocking out who ever we came across. I have to admit, it was fun knocking all those people out. Oh, and I liked tossing people over board into the water. "Don't move." Some guy threatened Steve by holding a gun to him. "Drop it." I threatened the guy back, holding up a nocked arrow to him. But then some guy, I guess one of Steve's mission mates, dropped down from the sky and kicked the guy down. 

"Thanks." Steve thanked the guy. "Yeah, you seemed pretty helpless without me." The guy joked as other agents dropped down from the sky. "Angel, what are you doing here?" Natasha asked as she landed on the deck. "Fury sent me." I gave her the simple answer. 

"Secure the engine room, then we can worry about that other situation later." Steve told Natasha as we were walking some where. "What situation?" I asked, curious of what he was talking about. Steve tells me every thing, and I mean every thing. But this is the first time I've heard of this 'situation' thing. "I was going to multitask, but obviously I can't because, ya know." I could see Natasha's eyes glance at me while she talked. "Steve, what is she talking about?" Call me nosy and all, but I want to know. I mean, he could be cheating on me for all I know. I mean, why else would they refer to it as a 'situation' instead of referring to it as something less fishy sounding. "Not now Serena." Was the only answer I got from Steve. 

__________________________________

:o what is this situation? Hm? Could he have cheated on her?