Start

~Serena's POV~

"Serena," I faintly heard Steve's voice wake me along with my body shaking slightly. "Ughm?" I lightly groan, lifting my head up from my pillow. "Baby wake up." His smooth voice continued to fill my ears. Slowly, I opened my eyes. I big smile spread across my face when I saw Steve's face in front of me. "Good morning Serena." He smiled, leaning in and placing a kiss on my forehead. "Good morning Steve." I smiled back as I laid my head back down on my pillow. 

"Want to go for a morning run with me today?" He asked, sitting down on the bed. "Sure, just give me like 15 minutes to get up and change." I replied. "Alright, I'm going to make a small breakfast for the two of us alright?" He smiled lightly while brushing some of my bangs out of my face. "Otay." I replied cutely before digging my face into my pillow. 

I heard Steve chuckle a bit before I felt the bed spring back up, probably from him standing up, and heard the door to our room opening. Groaning, I slowly dragged myself out of the bed and onto the floor. Yes, I am now currently sprawled on onto the floor. Don't judge me. Slowly, I dragged myself up until I was standing. Then, I walked to the bathroom to do my business before changing into a sports bra, and a pair of leggings. I would have put on a tank top or something over the top, but I know that I'm going to sweat a lot and get hot. So therefore, no point.

 So therefore, no point

"You ready? Whoa." Steve's eyes widened slightly when he saw what I was wearing. I like how he still gets surprised at some of the things I wear, even thought he's already seen me in nothing. "How come I feel like you're going to be running away from guys chasing you." Steve chuckled slightly, making me roll my eyes. "No one's awake at this time babe." I chuckled as I walked up to him and gave me a peck on the lips. "I should make you go change." Steve chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and bringing me closer to him. "Oh come on babe, I thought you're already used to how girls dressed now a days." I chuckled lightly, rolling my eyes. "Still don't like it." Steve said in a flat voice.

I rolled my eyes and leaned up, placing a kiss on his cheek, "Well, at least what I'm wearing is more modest than most girls." "Well, if you are ready, then let's go?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. I nodded my head and grabbed the sausage biscuit that Steve had made when I followed him out the door. 

The two of us jogged/ran around the Potomac River, and around the Reflecting Pool that was in front of the Lincoln Memorial. "On your left." I heard Steve say to some guy as he passed him. I chuckled and rolled my eyes as I passed the guy. We continued to pass the guy a few times as we continued jogging. 

"Don't say it. Don't say it." The guy said in a slightly irritated voice as Steve and I approached him for the 10th time. "On your left." Steve snickered slightly as he passed the guy. I couldn't help but laugh lightly as I passed the guy as well. "Come on!" I heard the guy shout as he panted. 

Once we were done jogging/running. Steve and I saw the guy that we kept passing by sitting under a tree, all sweaty and panting. "Need a medic?" Steve joked slightly as we approached the guy. The guy looked over and saw that it was us and chuckled. "I need a new set of lungs." The guy replied, making my chuckle slightly. "Dude, you and that girl just ran, like, 13 miles in 30 minutes." He panted, gesturing towards the area where we just jogged/ran. "I guess I got a late start." Steve joked. "Really," the guy looked at Steve, "You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." The guy joked back, pointing his finger at the area and moving it around in a circle. 

Then, the guy looked down for a second before looking back up at Steve, "Did you just take it? I assume you just took it." I giggled slightly as I sat down on the grass and drank the last of my water from my water bottle. "What unit you with?" Steve asked the guy. "58th pararescue," the guy panted, "But now I'm working down at the VA." The guy held his hand up to Steve and introduced himself as Sam Wilson, and Steve reached down and clapped his hand with Sam's while introducing himself back. Steve pulled Sam up into a standing position. 

Sighing, I slowly stood up and stretched my arms and back. "This is my girlfriend, Serena." Steve introduced me. I gave same a warm smile as he gave me a small wave. "Must have freaked you out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing." Sam panted slightly. "It takes some getting use to." Steve chuckled slightly. Then, Steve slowly turned around, "It's good to meet you Sam." The two of us walked about maybe two steps before Sam spoke up, making us stop and turn around. "It's your bed, right?" He asked Steve. 

I just zoned out as the two talked for a bit. I think I would have just been in lala land for a while if it wasn't for Steve's phone going off. 'Another mission huh?' I asked him through our mind link. 'Yeah, extraction. Sorry baby.' He replied, looking at me sadly. 'I understand babe, you have your job I have mine.' I told him. "All right, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run," the two shook hands before Steve continued, "If that's what you want to call a run." Sam looked a bit taken back and chuckled a bit with a smirk before replying, "Oh, that's how it is?" Steve chuckled, "That's how it is." "Anytime you want to drop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know." Sam smirked. 

Then, Natasha pulled up in a car. "Hey girl." I chuckled, waving at her. Natasha replied to me with a chuckle and nod. "Hey fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." Natasha joked, making me snicker slightly because she was calling Steve ancient. "Hilarious." Steve rolled his eyes slightly as he approached and entered the car. Then, Natasha sped off. 

"You fine with him going off with another girl like that?" Sam chuckled. "She's a good friend." I chuckled back. "Well, nice meeting you Sam. Might be seeing you around more often, I just got a job at one of the VA clinics." I smiled, giving him a small wave. "Hey, you got one friend you can come bug when you're bored," he laughed. 

___________________________

Sorry it took so long >.> I've just lost my drive a bit and uhh was to lazy to watch the movie ><