Chapter 39- Slipping Away

Start from the beginning

"I don't think he would, but the problem, I figured as they went inside, is that he and Weaslette spend so much more time together than you two do. Quidditch as well." Blaise took a breath. "I don't want to scare you or anything, worry you more than you need to. But I think this is good. He'll have someone to fall back on once... you know."

"Get out, Blaise," he bit.

"I just wanted to tell you —"

"Get out."

Blaise nodded and turned towards the door, but stopped just as his hand gripped the handle. "I know this is hard, but it's for the best."

Draco waited until he heard the click of the handle before he let the tear slip his eye.

——————————————

"Hey, there he is," Dean laughed to his friends as Harry walked into the Great Hall wearing most of his quidditch uniform, the rest of his gear stuffed in his pockets. "The number one seeker in the whole school," he cheered, and the rest of the team cheered, leaving Harry to bashfully blush. Ron looked sick to his stomach, but still welcomed him with a smile.

"Sleep well, Harry," Seamus asked as Harry hooked a leg around the bench and turned to his plate.

"Ha," Harry responded, "I can never sleep before the first game of the season. Don't worry, I've got enough adrenaline in me to last four matches."

"Feeling ready? On your game?"

"As always. I can't wait to kick arse this year," he smirked, sipping his pumpkin juice.

Dean patted his back. "There you go, Harry. Going to get us an easy win today?"

"Oh yeah," he said cockily, but he couldn't help it. He loved quidditch, and the match was against Draco. And he knew how to get inside Draco's head. Easily. He just had to make sure his smile was as perfect as ever, and it'd be a piece of cake. And he'd get to see a lot of Draco, because Draco, for some reason, hadn't been around, and that made Harry upset. He missed him.

And he got to see Draco in his uniform. Draco's arse looked nice in his uniform. It was going to be a great day.

Until it wasn't.

"I don't think that it'll be easy," Harry backtracked. "I've heard Malfoy has been training during all his spare time."

"What? Malfoy," Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "Malfoy isn't even playing this year."

"What," Harry almost laughed. "Yes he is." How dare you tell me what my boyfriend is and isn't doing...

"No..."

Seamus interrupted, "He took the year off, said studies were to important to him, at least that's what I overheard from Millicent Bulstrode during potions."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed. "No, that's not right. He told me..."

"All his teammates hate him for it. They got in a huge fight in the dormitories or something. I dunno."

"A fight? He never told me they got into a fight." Harry tried to suppress his anger.

"When would he tell you that?"

Harry opened his mouth, then closed it right away.

"I think he's just being a lazy sod," Dean spoke, rolling his eyes. "Or maybe he's just a sore loser."

"He said he's been having practices..." he trailed away.

"When?"

"Oh... he was boasting about it in the hall. Just his normal arrogance, I figured," Harry swallowed. On our dates. He missed dates because he was practicing for our big game.