Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Plot Devised By: thelastpilot of Tumblr

Chapter Written By: rionydal & miraculousturtle of Tumblr

Chapter Drawn By: texmexchexmix of Tumblr

Written Version

Pairing: Marinette Dupain-Cheng x Adrien Agreste (With Hint of DiWifi)

Rating: PG-13

Word Count: 6527

Also Posted On: Ao3 || FanFiction || DeviantArt || Tumblr || Google +  

The sound of several female students around him screaming distracted Adrien from the akuma behind him. He would have to put aside finding his Lady until the akuma had been taken out and purified. That is, once he could run away from her fast enough and find a place to transform. However, finding somewhere proved to be another story.

Looking around his scattering peers, Adrien started picking out a place he could run with the akuma on his tail. He could hear her yelling out something, maybe his name or maybe a threat, but he paid no attention to what she was trying to say. He had to get away.

Not the bug I want to bug me....

His mind suddenly went to the boy's locker room, one of the only places that gave him even the slightest of chances to transform. The akuma was a girl, he was boy, and they had both been raised in polite society, right? Well, he hoped he was right because that was exactly where he was going. Inside though, politeness flew out the window because people were everywhere. Adrien found himself more than once pushing a fellow classmate aside just the tiniest of bits so he could make his way through the mass of panic.

From his pocket, he heard Plagg's muffled shouts, "Just hip check them already!"

Behind him, he heard someone crash into a wall and the thud sent a chill down his spine. Adrien felt like everything was going in slow motion, his legs running through goo as the screams of the children resounded through the air. The doors in front of him were approaching way too slowly for his liking, almost like a glitch in a video game where the end never came in sight. His heart rate sped up and the pounding against his sternum was the only reason time seemed to return to normal. Harsh and heavy breath coughed out of him as he continued to blitz down the corridor. The sound of the akuma's footsteps slamming against the floor became a metronome as she chased after him. Adrien wished he could transform into Cat Noir, but the akuma was right behind him. There was no time.

As the doors to the locker room slammed open due to the force of his entry, Adrien darted over to the corner of the room, fear surging under his skin. The doors barely closed before the akuma charged into the room behind him. Trying to keep his breathing controlled, Adrien made his way to the wall in between two rows of lockers, hoping it would give him enough time to transform--and maybe enough coverage to think.

Yet, luck has never been his friend. Before he could lift his shirt to reveal Plagg and turn into the city's beloved black cat, the akuma rounded the corner. Her pointed legs, sharp as ice picks, clipped as she gracefully strode forward, a sickening grin on her face. And though she was colored in white and red, an allure of pure and sweet, the heart that rested on her chest seemed just ask fake as her demeanour.

"Oh, my little blonde boy, why do you run away from me so? Don't you realise that you're supposed to be running towards me?" she cooed. "I am your one true love bug after all." Adrien frowned at the statement, his green eyes finally taking in the rest of her appearance. The akuma had antenna protruding from her head, and two large wings cascading down her back, fluttering slightly with every step. They were yellow seeping into orange to grey, but instead of seeing a pretty butterfly, all he saw was a poisonous frog.