Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Plot Devised By: thelastpilot of Tumblr

Chapter Written By: panda013 & fickleminder of Tumblr

Chapter Drawn By: panda013 & lioriel (lined piikopoko and texmexchexmix)

Written Version

Pairing: Marinette Dupain-Cheng x Adrien Agreste (With Hint of DiWifi)

Rating: PG-13

Word Count: 3266

Also Posted On: Ao3 || FanFiction || DeviantArt || Tumblr || Google +  

Friday morning couldn't come any faster.

The first bell often elicited a certain sense of anticipation as it sounded the start of another school day, yet this time it felt at least ten times worse. There were only two days left before Valentine's Day, and with that special date falling on a weekend this year, Adrien knew today was his last chance to figure out Ladybug's civilian identity. He was on a mission to root out his Lady before school was dismissed – his very sanity depended on it.

The blond was already in his seat, having arrived a solid twenty minutes before class was due to begin. He was practically sweating bullets and his right leg was bouncing like crazy; anyone would think that the slightest provocation would send him over the edge. The tension was making his shoulders ache, and he tried to pass the time by scribbling in his notebook. (All that came out were little doodles of ladybugs, and he had to resist the urge to slam his forehead on the desk.)

Before long, light chatter signaled the arrival of his classmates, and Adrien's grip on his pencil tightened as they trickled in. He was hyper aware of the girls who walked past, watching them like a hawk. His notebook contained a list of their names, and he methodically crossed out certain ones as they took their seats.

Ladybug couldn't be Chloé or Alya; she couldn't be Alix either, nor Mylène. The only ones left unaccounted for were Sabrina, Juleka, Rose, and Marinette.

Adrien frowned at Sabrina's name, silently hoping it wasn't her. He'd like to think she was a lovely girl, but if she hung around Chloé so much and catered to her every whim without a second thought, he couldn't imagine how much she must have been influenced by her. And Chloé was not the best role model, to put it lightly. The others were nice enough though, and he resolved to investigate a little more thoroughly.

It was hard to keep a close eye on them given that they were either all the way at the back of the room or directly behind him. Adrien knew he had to be discreet even when Miss Bustier's back was turned, and little things like 'accidentally' dropping his pencil or rummaging through his bag could only rouse so little suspicion (Kim and Mylène kept staring at him curiously every now and then).

From what he had gathered so far, the three girls seemed to be on edge, Marinette most of all. Distracted faces, nervous fidgeting, not meeting his gaze... Not that they had any reason to do the last one, but Marinette seemed as though she was deliberately avoiding it. Normally her eyes would be focused on the back of his head, but now it was almost glued to her desk and he could tell she was trying very, very hard not to look up whenever he managed to catch a glimpse of her.

Frowning suspiciously, Adrien was in the process of coming up with another excuse to look over his shoulder when he noticed Nino sliding a piece of paper towards him on the bench. Cautiously, he picked it up and unfolded it in his lap.

Alright, I've got some ideas for V-day with Alya here, but I don't know which ones to pick! Help a bro out, will you?

- Video games at my place; I've got a ton of titles for us to choose from