Chapter One

Chapter One

Plot Devised By: thelastpilot of Tumblr

Chapter Written By: ladybugandblackcat & adjit of Tumblr

Chapter Drawn By: panda013 of Tumblr (lined by piikopoko, texmexchexmix, shadybug of Tumblr)

Written Version

Pairing: Marinette Dupain-Cheng x Adrien Agreste (With Hint of DiWifi)

Rating: PG-13

Word Count: 3485

Also Posted On: Ao3 || FanFiction || DeviantArt || Tumblr || Google +

Adrien Agreste shook his head slowly, his mind awash with shards of half remembered plans and thoughts; if only he could piece it together into a mosaic. His schedule was overloaded of late: he had a piano recital due in two weeks, a basketball match and training for it all next week. On top of that, he had his fencing to keep up and three modelling shoots looming. He honestly had no idea how he was going to manage half of it with school work and his double life as Cat Noir, and that was the one thing he couldn't compromise on. Even his fanmail had peaked unusually in quantity. It normally fluctuated by the number of shoots he did at any given time, but it had become a deluge of paper that threatened to wash away his room in recent days. He hadn't even considered answering any of it, his father didn't allow it anyway, but he just didn't have the time. So it sat there, unopened and quickly absorbing his desk. Eventually he would have to commit himself and throw it all away, but he wanted to avoid that for as long as possible. It always felt weird throwing it away unopened, but he had learnt the hard way that it was harder to throw it away without responding if you read it.

"Hey dude!" a familiar voice called, causing Adrien to look up from his schedule-consumed thoughts.

Nino was waiting for him on the corner outside of school, just as he had asked. "Hey Nino!" He grinned, the cold air biting his lips with a raw viciousness. He hadn't known why, but he had wanted to walk to school this morning. The pair fist bumped as they reached one another.

"Are you excited man? Three days to go and all," his friend continued, a rather warm glow to his cheeks.

"Three days?" Adrien began, but Nino quickly answered his question.

"Till Valentine's Day man! Don't tell me you forgot!?" his friend exclaimed before scoffing at his friend's clear lack of awareness.

The words didn't quite settle for a moment, like some hovering grey cloud threatening to drop its contents upon him at any moment. The moment came and the realisation hit Adrien hard, a swift kick to his stomach. Valentine's Day was coming! After a moment of utter immobility, Adrien managed a sigh, the cool February air kissing his cheeks like a long lost lover; a touch of frost leaving nothing but chills in his spine. He had let the February days sneak up on him this time around, but he could ignore it no longer. That peripheral glimpse of vibrant colour in his otherwise grey and gloomy days had been growing ever closer and now with Nino's words it came crashing through. Three days to go and he could have been counting the minutes right now if he had so desired, but he knew that would end poorly, very poorly. He had ignored it for so long for that very reason. Adrien feared becoming consumed in his adoration, and counting the days until he could know who the answer to that question: who was his secret admirer?

"Damn dude, you must have been really busy. It's not like you to lose track of time."

"I..." He swallowed, hard. "I guess I just did." He shrugged vaguely, hoping Nino wouldn't inquire further.