Chapter Six

🔺Justice

*Dani*

  "DANI!" I jumped in fright when my crazy pink, blue and green haired cousin burst through the back door. "GET DRESSED, YOU'R GOING SHOPPING WITH ME!"

  "NO." I groaned as I picked up the book I'd been reading. "Why do I have to go?"

  "Yes," Justice snapped. "Uncle Danny called and said you weren't going to the Valentine Dance. I'm only in long enough for the dance and I want to spend time with my fave cousin. Besides, Gigi and Angel are coming, too. We need dresses for the Valentine's Dance tonight. Now go get dressed before I forcefully dress you myself."

  "Yes ma'am," I said running down the hall. "Crazy woman and her shopping."

  "I HEARD THAT," Justice yelled and I slammed the bedroom door before grabbing my jeans, white tank top, and boots.

  "Let's go," I sighed grabbing my wallet and phone. "You do realize I don't want to go to the dance, right?"

  "Which is exactly why your going," Justice said speeding down the road. "Who knows you might even get a boyfriend."

  "Yeah right," I sighed. "Incase you've forgotten, I was bullied by every boy in our class. So why would I want to date one?"

  "I heard there's a new guy in town and he's pretty hot," Justice shrugged hitting the brakes in front of Dad's house. "Besides, maybe this will get your fire back."

 "My fire back?" I asked confused, "What's that supposed to mean?"

  "It means your not the same sister we all grew up with," Angel said sliding into the back. "We all miss Spunky Dani, now your just...Dani."

  "Thanks for making me feel great Ang." I grumbled.

  "It's true," Gina shrugged. "Lets go Justice, I want get a new sexy dress."

  "Actually, Dani get's to pick the theme this year."

  "What?" I asked confused.

  "The past three year we have been doing themed outfits for the town dances," Justice said smiled at me. "This year its your turn, that's why your going with. So what theme do you want to do?"

  "What did you guys pick?" I questioned kinda scared of their answers.

  "Mine was the Halloween dance," Angel said. "So I picked Fallen Angel's."

  "I got Easter," Gina said. "Fairies."

  "Forth of July, Fireworks." Justice smiled, "So whatever you pick we go along with."

  "Harry Potter," I said after thinking for a few minutes.

  "We haven't done that one in forever," Gina yelled. "Last time we did anything Harry Potter themed was for the girls night when we were sixteen."

  "Yeah this is going to be fun." Justice said smiling at me before Angel, Gina and I yelled at her.

  "EYES ON THE ROAD!"

  "Ok ok," Justice laughed as her cut across three lanes of traffic to get into the shopping center's parking lot.

  "I'm driving on the way home," I said after my heart slowed down. "I don't plan on dying today."

  "PLEASE," Angel and Gina cried.

  "Babies," Justice muttered slamming her car door. 

  After shopping for five hours everyone had found their perfect Harry Potter themed dress we headed to Justice's apartment, since it was closer.

  "Dani come on," Gina groaned. "We're going to be late."

  "I'm coming," I sighed opening the bedroom door and froze at their expressions. "What is it that bad?"

  "Hell no," Justice said smiling. "You look like a true Ravenclaw Princess."

  "Thanks," I laughed. "I still hate shopping though."

  "Come on," Justice groaned. "Shopping isn't that bad."

  "Let's go!" Gina and Angel yelled as they pulled us out of the apartment.

*Carter*

  "I thought you were on a trip with your girlfriend," I said answering my phone.

  "I am," Brice said. "Quick question though, what town in Texas are you from?"

  "Mule Hollow[a/n this is not a town in Texas, it is  whole other state.]. Why?" I asked confused.

  "What's your girls name?" Brice asked and I got even more confused.

  "Dani," I said. "Dude, what's with the twenty questions."

  "That's why she looked so familiar," Brice laughed. "I met her earlier when I picked Becca up. Her puppy attacked me, too."

  "What?"

  "I'm dating your girl's sister," Brice laughed. "Shit, that's funny."

  "How is that funny?" I groaned banging me head on the wall.

  "She was wearing a bracelet like yours," Brice said after he calmed down. "The one you only wear when we do a take down."

  "She still has hers," I whispered.

  "Carter," Brice says. "Dude, you there?"

  "Carter, its almost time to leave. Justice got Dani to go to the dance." Dani's mom, Kylie said sticking her head out the back door.

  "Brice I have to go, we need to discuss Sage, later." I said hanging up.

  "Who was that?" Kylie asked.

  "Work partner," I shrugged. "I'm going to change."

---

  "They'll be here in a few minutes," Dani's Aunt Casey said excitedly. "I hope this works."

  "It will," Kylie says before turning to someone who just ran up.

    "Hurt her, you will end up dead." Dani's step-dad, Travis growled as he past by me.

    "Aunt Kylie," Justice yelled as she appeared out of no where. "We're here."

  "Oh my babies," Kylie smiled. "Let me guess, Harry Potter. Gina is Hufflepuff, Angel is Slytherin, and Gryffindor is Justice."

  "Which leaves Ravenclaw for Dani," Zane said smiling. "Where is Dani?"

  "Over there talking to Uncle Brandon," Angel said.

  I looked over to where she was pointing and saw a beautiful dark hair girl wearing a blue, strapless dress.

---

{Quote:

"Go on with what your heart tells you, or you will lose it all," -Percy Jackson[Lighting Thief]}