Chapter 35: Next Day

Start from the beginning

"Kaito! Isn't this amazing?! Kenzan is such a gamer nerd, this has been his dream since we were 10!" However, the student simply dismissed it off with a tusk, while (Y/n) and her friend enjoyed the great report. "I'm so proud of you! See, I told you, you would make it big." She playfully punched the boy on the arm while he slightly blushed and chuckled at her comment.

'This is getting too mopey for my tastes.' Suddenly, a certain thought came into the intellectual's mind that might further their cause.

Time Skip

(Y/n)'s hopes diminished with every passing minute as her friends sat at separate tables during science. Despite their large distance, the air between the two sisters was dead and silent. There was nothing positive nor negative. Nothing happy note sad. No understandings nor misunderstandings. Just a nothingness, lacking any chemistry or compassion between them. The (e/c) eyed girl longingly gazed at her friends until she got distracted by something else.

"(Y/n)? Come on, they don't deserve your tears." Bako squeezed her hand, relishing at her reluctance to move it away. "You did nothing wrong, they're not worthy of someone like you." (Y/n) amusingly scoffed at the comment and was grateful for the male's comfort. Yet, her eyes still seemed to wonder to the lonely girls, and her shame and guilt seeped back into her subconscious. Bako noticed her directed attention, and gently squeezed her palm again to bring the attention back to him. "We told you, you don't need anyone else but us." The girl nodded at the kind statement and swivelled back to her work.

Time Skip

History lesson wasn't any more merciful than (Y/n)'s last class, and seemed even more agonising since the bitter twins were now on one desk, combining their toxic, decomposing aura and the girl continually felt a great, chilled sensation causing her blood to run cold. Jin noticed the clear tension in the female's body and nudged her out of the guilty daze. "(Y/n), just because they have issues between each other doesn't mean they had to involve you into this." The female smiled at him and attempted to concentrate on her work. Though, she truly missed the placid tone of the environment, and the friendly ambience from before. Instead, she received the thick air between the two girls. Jin felt somewhat guilty as he watched the emotionally vulnerable girl beside him, but he knew this was for her own good.

Time Skip

During the end of English, (Y/n) was contemplating over trying to talk to her friends during lunch. She was sure they would simply give her the cold shoulder but she felt a sickening sensation whenever she thought back to how betrayed they looked and how guilty she felt. 'I need to at least try...no matter what, I can't just leave it like this. Maybe I'll actually get somewhere.'

When the bell signalled, (Y/n) rapidly packed up her equipment and sprinted out the door before the teacher could say a proper goodbye to the class. She didn't know where she would find the females but her feet took over every action and she began running against her own will. She quickly dodged the students racing to the lunch hall and messing around in the corridors. She desperately ran around to spot one of the girls and against her better judgement, drove past a few teachers, ignoring their scolding remarks. Hopeful that this could all be fixed just by talking this out. She was sure in her mind that she could get her friends back, and it gave her the motivation to search harder. However, 5 minutes into her exploration she was lifted off her feet to slow down her momentum and gently set back to the ground again. "Calm down, you might fall." (Y/n) looked up into the serious face of the animal lover.

"Sorry Alex, but I really need to find the twins!" She was about to proceed with her search but was prevented from the boy's intervenience.

"(Y/n), just leave them. They agonised you and you cried because of their pathetic problems. You don't need them." The girl thought over his words, her desire to fix her relationship with her friends fading away. She wasn't sure what to do at that moment, and was stuck between two decisions. Alex noticed her hesitance and placed his hands on the female's shoulders to grab her full attention. "I'm here for you. Am I not enough?" (Y/n) quickly shook her head, not wanting to insult or cause any misunderstanding. "If I am, then don't go after them. Stay with me." (Y/n) seemed in deep thought for a moment and nodded her head, giving in to the boy's demand. "Good girl." He petted the disappointments female's head and approvingly gave her a slight smile.