Chapter 8

Astrids POV

Me and L spoke for another hour yesterday, not about much, just him asking me things about Kira and what I think of things. Very basic. Last night was so stressful though , so when I got home i wrote up a speech that would be sent to L at 3:00, obviously it would send through like someone is talking, but I know he's getting Misa tomorrow, so let's talk some sense into him.  I still can't believe him though, L is so annoying, he still thinks I'm kira.

Today is my last full day at school, tomorrow I get my entrance exam results, I can't wait.
I have a shower and put on my uniform. I grab an apple and walk out the house.

It's nice to walk to school without Light, or in a rush to get away from him like yesterday.
I also noticed that all the cameras were gone, which is good that I finally have some privacy.

Ryuk came into my house yesterday, by Lights demand I guess, he was there for about 2 hours. All he was doing was watching me or trying to get my attention. It was so annoying, I was literally going to kill him. If only that was possible.

When I arrive at school I bump into the last person I want to see. Light. I keep my head down and continue walking but he grabs me by the shoulder. I hiss in pain. He lifts his hand realising what he's done.
"We need to talk" he says
"I need to get to class" I say while trying to escape his grasp, and failing miserably.
"I'm sorry about the other day, I didn't mean any of it" he says, not loosening the grip on my wrist
"What do you mean?! you went crazy. On about a shinigami, they are fairytales Light. Oh and by the way, I'm going to need stitches in my shoulders soon so they don't get infected. I'm going to give you the bill."
"Please Astrid I'm really sorry, i promise I won't ever do anything like that again" he says, genuinely looking really upset.
"Ever again?"
"Never"
"Don't expect me to forgive you next time" I say as I walk away.

About 3 hours later, I sit at a table and sit and eat my lunch. Light spots me and sits opposite me.
"Will you skip the rest of the day with me. Misa's been arrested, she's under interrogation, L has her. "
"Sure, let's go" I say as light grabs my arm gently.

------

"A hotel room?" I say, acting as if I have never seen it before.
"This is where he told me to go" he says while knocking on the door.
The door opens and a youngish looking man opens it. Matsuda. I did research on him not long ago.

"Hey Light and hey Astrid " He says
"Let me guess, you have been helping L decide if I am kira or not. That's how you know my name" He looks at me shocked, I then casually walk in to see mr yagami and L sat at a desk, which has computers showing Misa, strapped to a chair.
"Misa!!!!" Light shouts dramatically as he runs up to the tv screen.
"We believe she is the second kira" says L turning to face us. "I knew you would invite your little girlfriend."
"I am not his girlfriend" I say. It is currently 2:58. 2 minutes until my message comes through.

L's attention is suddenly moved back to Misa. He then turns on the microphone.
"Misa, what do you know about kira ?"
"What? Nothing. Am I here because of kira?"she shouts back
"Yes, we believe you are the second kira"

"Kill me" she whispers

Suddenly the letter Q appears on the screen.

L's POV

Hello again. L, don't you think it's extremely risky, to take a young girl, who by the way is reasonably famous. By the way Misa Amane will not give you any information. She admires kira, she owes kira, she probably made a deal with him never to tell anyone about his identity.
It's also extremely risky to let both of your main suspects in to 1, see this message 2, show them what work you are doing towards the kira case. L, your doing this all wrong. So once again, I am offering to work with you. It could save your life..... I will send you another message later, when I know your alone.

Q

The robotic voice sounds like a real voice with effects over it, which is good, that's exactly what I wanted.
"Who was that?" Asks Light
"That was Q, they are probably more of a threat to kira than I am. Not even I know who they are" I say, turning to light.
"And they want to work with you ?" Says Astrid.
"Yes....but this time I will have to accept their offer" I say. Q is giving me no choice, I also suspect Q as kira, but acting as if they want to help me to gain there trust.

"Kill me" says Misa, turning my attention back to her.
"Misa, we can't kill you" I say.

Astrids POV

"Kill me" she repeats. Rem is stood next to her, obviously she's not talking to L but rem, she wants rem to kill her. About another minute goes past. 

Then rem gets her death note out.

And kills Misa Amane.

What? I don't get it. She wasnt supposed to die. How much have I changed the story. Oh god.
Light runs at the screen. Shouting things like "NO!!"
Or "DONT LEAVE ME" God he's such an idiot. He couldn't have cared less for her.

L turns to me. "Are you not upset?" He asks
"I didn't know Misa much, I only came here because light made me" if I say I hated Misa it would make him suspect me more.

About 10 minutes later Matsuda and Mr Yagami leave.
"Astrid will you stay here while I go talk to light about something?" Says L
"Sure" I say
Light and L go into another room, I stand by the door trying to listen in. I hear words like 'task force' or 'secret' and 'Astrid'
Okay so obviously he's asking light to join the task force but doesn't want me knowing.

I go and sit back on the couch, light and L walk back in.
"You may go now light, me and Astrid need to talk" Light stands and hesitates for a moment, with a suspicious look in his face. He then smiles.
"See you tomorrow" says light kissing my cheek. He turns and leaves me and L alone.

L gets a box from his desk and then sits next to me on the couch.
"What's that" I ask, hoping he's not going to pull a gun out. He looks up at me and smirks slightly.

"A first aid kit. You need stitches, remember?" He says pulling out a needle and thread. L gently places a hand on my shoulder and pulls down the sleeve, showing my shoulder. He carefully removes the band-aids to reveal the deep, bloody marks covered in bruises, he does the same with my other shoulder. 

I feel exposed. We both sat there in silent as his fingers slowly go around the marks on my shoulders. I feel his gaze on me, looking me up and down. it makes me shudder.   

He moves the needle up to my skin and slowly pierces it. I take a sharp breath in to mask the pain, it doesn't work. L says nothing, but i can tell how gentle he is being. With each and every time the needle enters my skin he is trying to make it as painless as possible for me.

"So, what do you think about Misa's death?" He asks, snapping me out of my slight daze.
"What do you mean?" 
"How do you feel about it ?" He is finishing up the last stitch.
"Honestly i dont feel too much about it. I didnt really know her, but when we spoke did she was just horrid to me about Light. Thinking he's cheating on her or something"

Then the letter Q appears on screen.

L, if you accept my request send this message back, it won't give you the address of where I sent it though. If I do get the message back I will meet you tomorrow, after you have finished school. I will come to your hotel room at exactly 3:40. If you don't accept my request, well, I won't help you anymore, and you will probably die trying to solve this case.

"Q is very stubborn, don't you think?"
"Yes. Very"