Chapter 5

Today is Monday, yesterday was extremely  uneventful. I hung out with light for a bit. Neither of us mentioned the kiss but what I did notice was that raye Penber was no longer following him. I think he's dead.
And my mums gone off for a business trip for a while. So I'm on my own for now.. L still hasn't removed the cameras.

My memories are going, quick. I've already forgotten the people that where in my old life, I'm pretty sure I will soon forget everything about it. But if I forget that world, I will forget all the future information about death note. everything I learnt from the anime in the old world , i have already forgotten what L looks like. All i know is his real name.

Today I have my college entrance exam. I'm pretty confident about it.
I get a quick shower and get changed into black jeans and a red long sleeved tshirt.

I was 30 minutes early for the exam. I walk into the exam hall to see it completely empty.

I search the desks for mine, when I find it I sit down and get a pen out. About 2 minutes later another person walks in.

He has pitch black Raven hair, he is wearing a white baggy shirt and jeans. He is slumped over with his hands in his pockets and he walks up to me.
"Hello" he says
"Umm hey" I say, slightly uncomfortable.
"I'm hideki, your Astrid Clearwater right ?"
"Umm yeah. Nice to meet you." I quickly notice the sweet smell he gives off, it's nice. I smile kindly at him, even if he's slightly odd,
I have seen him somewhere before but I don't know where.

He sits next to me, i feel his eyes glare at me the whole time. I wait 10 minutes, hoping he will stop staring. He doesn't. He just sits there, with his bare feet on the chair, knees tucked under his chin.
"Could you please ... Stop staring at me" I say impatiently.
"No....."
I don't really know how to answer to that.

We sit in silence until Light walks in a minute before the test starts.
He walks up to me.
"Where were you, I was waiting for you. Why did you go without me?" He says
"I just wanted to get here early" I say. "You know I like being early for things"
"Okay" He sounds unconvinced. He looks next to me too see hideki. Then he glances back to me. "See you after" he goes and sits in his seat, which a few rows in-front of mine.

I look over to hideki to see him now staring at light.

Who is he? I feel like I know who he is, but I don't remember. When I try and think it's just a blur. I can't believe my memories of my past life are disappearing, I guess this is part of the deal for living here.

"You will have 1 whole hour on this exam, when you have finished you may hand in your paper and leave. If I catch anyone cheating they will be disqualified. You may start now"
Shouts the man at the front of the room.

10 minutes later I finish the exam, it was simple. I casually walk up to the front of the room and hand in my sheet and walk out.

I sit down on a bench outside and plug in my headphones. I close my eyes and lean back.

"ASTRID!!!!"

I look next to me to see light sat beside me. I unplug my headphones.

"Did you really have to shout ?" I say, rubbing my eyes slightly.
"I said your name 7 times before shouting" he says "You'll hurt your ears having music on that loud"
"Oh. I'm sorry" I say.
"It's okay, how do you think you did?" He rests a hand on my thigh.
"I think I did okay, the guy next to me put me off a little"
"Oh that hideki Guy? I felt him staring the whole time" he looks disturbed.  "Did you manage to talk to him"

"Yeah I did actually. He seems nice. Quite cute too" I say without thinking.
A look of jealousy flashes across lights face, his hand grips my thigh a little tighter.
"I wouldn't call myself that" says hideki walking towards us.
I look away, embarrassed, and back at light. Hideki sits in the middle of us, moving Lights hand off me, which I am slightly glad about. He looks forward, not moving.  After about 2 minutes of awkward silence he says something.
"Just so you guys know, I'm L" he says, glaring at us, trying to get a reaction from us.

Yes! I knew it! I can't believe I forgot that this guy was L. This memory loss is going to cause issues.

"Yeah right" I say, rolling my eyes. L looks towards me. I stand up and look back at him. "If you where L you wouldn't go around telling random teenagers"I start to walk away.

I hear fast footsteps approaching me.
"Why are you walking away. You could at least try and hide the fact you are kira" says L. When he's walking fast, his back straightens slightly, making him walk less lazily, it adds an ounce of sophistication to him.

"You think I'm Kira?" I keep walking. Not looking at him. "I don't believe your L in the slightest"
"You may not believe I am who I say, but I believe you are Kira, and I will get the truth one day"

"I'm going home" I say running away.