Chapter 1

I woke up to the usual beeping of my alarm clock. I slam on it with my fist. Pulling myself out out of bed I grab my phone to check the time.
7:30. And just like every morning,  I'm going to be late.

I quickly hop in the shower, not waiting for it to heat up. And I get changed into my typical school uniform.
I sneak past my mums room on my way out, making sure not to wake her. And I quietly close the front door behind me.

Of course it was raining today, typical England. The bad weather shouldn't surprise me anymore. I look down at my phone and see my deathnote wall paper, it's of the rules of the book. Deathnote is my favourite anime, it always will be. When I watch it I'm always oblivious to everything else in the world, it stops me from thinking about my shitty life. I would do anything just to actually become apart of the story, get transported there somehow. Even though thats things I've only read about in fanfics.

When I get to school I walk into my class and sit near the back. Avoiding all the giggles and laughs at me as I walk in late.
I have the highest grades in my school, causing me to not have any friends, because I mostly focus on my grades. It gets lonely, but at least I can get the qualifications I need for my dream job. A detective.

Class was dull. I drifted off a few times, so I was glad to hear the bell ring. As I am walking out of class I feel a hard shove in my ribs. Hard enough to knock me to the floor. Everyone in the hallway starts laughing. Infront of me, I see a tall thin girl, with long blonde hair and too many layers of makeup. It's Alexia, my least favourite human. Alexia is the school bitch.
"Hey dipshit why did you get in my way?" She has a large smirk on her face.
I try to stand up again. Not saying anything as I don't want a confrontation.  She grabs my hair and pulls it back towards the floor, making me fall again. I let out a small Yelp from the pain.
"Always getting in peoples way Astrid, your so shit" she says while kicking me in the stomach. I can't help but groan at the pain, as much as I try not too.
"Get up smart Arse" she spits. Suddenly I see teachers walking towards her. With a slight look of panic, she smirks at me and rushes away.
The teacher walks straight past me, like I wasnt even there. I manage to pick myself up off the floor and lean against the closest locker. I can feel my stomach already starting to bruise.

On the verge of tears, I decide I need to go home. Knowing me missing classes won't effect much.

I enter my house. And I see my mum swaying in the kitchen.
"Drinking already? It's 10 o'clock" I say as she pours a clear liquid into her cup of coffee.
"None of your business is it?" She says as she turns around. "The fuck happened to you?"
I realise I'm holding my stomach and I still look like I've been crying.

"Nothing you will care about"
"True. Just as long as you still have the limbs to clean the house this afternoon and by that I mean every inch of it"
I roll me eyes. "I did that yesterday"
"Do I look like I care?" She takes a sip of her coffee. She then glances to a package on the table. "The creepy book you ordered came today"
"You opened it?"
"I wanted to see if it was something worth selling"

"I'm going upstairs" I grab the package and start heading up the stairs.
I start to forget about the events of the day when I start ripping open the brown paper covering the parcel. I get butterflies in my stomach when I get the first glance of the black leather and white writing.

I have waited so long to get my own deathnote.
But the website I got it off seemed pretty.....strange. But it was cheap, so I got it anyway.

"Now let's see if this works" I say giggling slightly. I open the book to read the rules of the note, but I quickly become dizzy.

Everything around me starts to spin. My vision goes blurry and I feel like I'm being sucked into the book. The edges of my vision starts to darken. And I quickly pass out.

----------------

I wake up in a dark space. I can't see anything, not even the floor. But suddenly a figure appears before me.
They have long pale blond hair, she has huge wings and she is dressed in white.
"Hello Astrid" She says. I stand saying nothing, in shock by her appearance.
"My name is alliana, I am an angel. This will be the only time you will be able to see me so I suggest you speak" she says
"Yeah...sorry"
"Astrid......... If you had the chance to live in the world of deathnote would you?"
"Umm yes, of course. Wait I don't understand, what's happening here?"
"Even if it meant never returning to your original world" she says, ignoring my question completely.
"Ummmm... yeah I'd love too, but I don't understand. That's not possible."
"It doesn't matter what you think is possible and what is not. But I am asking you, right now. Would you like to become apart of the Deathnote universe?"
"Yes, of course" I say, still very startled.
"Okay. Now that is settled, I Have given you some small powers. Every language you hear will be translated into English. And when you are speaking to whoever you shall speak in there language. And also you can edit the story of deathnote however you wish. It won't effect anything. And as you have no real name, the deathnote can't hurt you."

But it's true. I don't have a real name. My mum actually nicknamed me when I was 3, so my birth certificate was left blank. I am called lots of names, Astrid, lily,Cora. I have lots. But I prefer Astrid

"Woah. Okay"
"And one last thing. Your memory of your past life will start to fade quickly. Meaning you will also forget any information you learnt about whilst watching the anime, you will also forget family and friends" She looked sympathetic.
"I'm okay with that"

"I wish you the best"

And with that, she disappeared. And everything becomes dark again.

I wake up in a small room. One I do not recognise. I have dark blue and white bed sheets which match the walls and the decor. It's very clean and well kept.

I climb out of bed and walk down to the kitchen. Still trying to understand everything.
"Hello sweetie."says this woman who is in the kitchen. She hands me a plate of bacon and pancakes.
"Uh thanks...but who are you?" I say, trying my best not to sound rude.
She looks at me with slight concern and walks over to me, lightly pressing the back of her hand on my forehead.
She then laughs.
"Don't worry your own mother like that" I always forget how funny you can be.

I slightly laugh with her.
"I would hurry if I was you 20 minutes till you set off for school" she says smiling. "You can eat upstairs is it means you won't be late." Her smile is kind and warm, this is new to me.
"Thank you"

I awkwardly walk upstairs. I go back into my room and put on what I am guessing is my school uniform. I grab my bag and walk downstairs.
"Uh, bye" I say to my  'mother'
"Bye honey! See you tonight"

I look through the window and wait for someone who is also wearing school uniform to walk past.
When someone does I run outside and follow them to school.

I follow the boy from a distance, not wanting to seem creepy. But when I trip over my own feet and stumble to keep myself up right, the boy notices me.

He has light brown hair, and matching hazel eyes. He is slim, tall and handsome. And also....

"....Light Yagami" I whisper quietly.

"I really am in the world of deathnote" I whisper. A little too loudly.

His change in facial expression proves that he heard exactly what I said. Crap. I start to run past him. Not wanting the confrontation with Kira.