Chapter 3

Its been a week since I gave L the letter, so today is the day I hopefully hear a response. Now my goal is to get close to light.

Hopefully my plan will work. If I get close to light, then hopefully, one day, I will get a confession that he is Kira. It will be when my memories are most likely gone, so if I get close to him now, then by the time all my memories are gone I will know who he is.

I haven't spoken to him in a week, As I am ignoring light at the moment he will want to know more about me as he heard me mention the deathnote. He will be trying to get as close as possible to me. Which is exactly what I want.

As soon as I think that there is a knock at the door. I run downstairs to open the door to see light standing there.
"Hey, Astrid" he says, smiling his usual smile
"Hey, Light. You okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine, was just wondering if I could take you up on that cup of coffee?"
"Yeah sure" I say, hoping he doesn't have any secret plan behind this.
"Let go then" he places his hand on my back and leads me out the from door.

"So, what do you do in your spare time?" Says light as we are walking through a park.
"Not a lot really, just study"
He nods in response. Im not really sure what to talk about with him. I doubt "how many people have you killed this week" would be a good start.
"Hey can you hold this for me?" He says handing me a small piece of folded paper.
"What is it ?"
"Just some test answers, I forgot to leave them at home and i need to re-tie my shoe laces"

It's a page from the deathnote.

I grab the piece of paper and he bends down to 'tie his shoe lace' , then I see ryuk appear infront of me. He's even creepier in person. As much as I want to stand and stare at him, or even run away. I know that having any reaction to this will ruin everything.
I avoid looking directly at him and casually hand light the paper back when he gets up.

"So....are you okay" He's looking at me curiously:
"Yeah why?" I ask, pretending I can't see the creepy Shinigami stood in front of me.
"No reason."

"What?" I hear light mutter under his breath.
"Haha she can't see me. Now that's new" says ryuk.

"Hey Astrid, do you want to come to my house for a bit?"
"Sure" I say.

The whole way back to lights house I keep thinking about the hidden cameras. They should still be there.

It turns out light wasn't lying about being my next door neighbour, his house is just next to mine.

As we walk into lights house I get greeted my his mother and sister. They are really kind, but in the corner of the room a see a camera. They are still here.

Light closes the door behind him and sits on his bed. I stand awkwardly by the door. I notice an extremely faint flash of light above his wardrobe. It's a camera. I quickly notice that I've been staring at it, shit.

"So" Light says. "I have a question" he's looking directly at me. "When I first saw you....you said something, about a book or a note or something. What was that about?"

Trying to get information out of me, huh Light? Telling him I know about the death note would be like signing my death certificate.
"Oh I was just talking to myself. I realised I forgot to bring a book with me for my history lesson. It's called book of death" I say, trying to sound as casual as possible. "Just about a bunch of dead guys"

His large sigh seemed to show that he believed my story.

Lights POV

Normally, I wouldn't believe anyone who told me that. And to be honest, I've been thinking about killing Astrid ever since I met her. But today has changed my opinions of her. Until our walk in the park, I never noticed her astounding beauty, the way she smiled so effortlessly, and her cute sense of humour. I've never felt like this before, and never expected too. But she does something to me, heightens all my emotions.
It peaks my curiousity.

Astrids POV

"Do you always sit in your room in the dark?" I say, deciding to change the conversation.
"Heh, yeah usually" he says, standing up from his bed and walking over to me. He reaches behind me and switches on the light. He hesitates for a moment, giving me a smell of his cologne. It's pleasant. For a few seconds, he's leant over me, doing nothing. We are both stood there, listening to each other's breathing.

I cough slightly and step a little closer to the wall, snapping us both out the trance.
"Can I go on your computer for a second? I just wanna check the news" I say, stepping towards his computer. A flash of panic appears in his eyes, before slowly vanishing.
"Uh yeah, sure. Just let me log you in." He goes over and sits infront of the computer, he starts typing in password and username. "Why do you want to check the news?" He asks.

"I just want to check up on all this Kira business.its very interesting to me.  It seems as this L isn't really doing anything at the moment, he seems pretty useless." Light chuckles slightly.
"I'm sure he's doing all he can, Kira must be a hard person to catch"
"yeah well I know that. But now that there's 2 kiras out there he's got a bigger chance of finding him. Yet he's still taking forever. No wonder Kira has killed so many people"
"You should be careful with what you say sometimes Astrid." Light says, he then stands up and whispers in my ear. "You don't know who could be listening"

After a few more hours of talking, and getting to know each other more, I decide its best to go home.
"I'm going to head home, see you" I say, heading towards his bedroom door.
"Wait, let me walk you home" he stands up and starts to walk with me.
We walk out of his house and up to my front door in silence.
"So today's been nice......" I say trying to break the silence. But light quickly grabs me by the waist and pulls me in to give me a passionate kiss.

I froze.

The only thing going through my mind was the fact that he was Kira. It was a pleasant, nice kiss. But knowing how many people he has killed and hurt, well it made the kiss feel odd.
I pull away.
"Goodnight Light" And I step inside my house.
I just kissed a serial killer.

The good thing now is that L has probably noticed my existence in Lights life, and my thoughts about Kira, which is good. I need to get myself involved as Astrid as well as Q. I want to help any way I can with the case.

Its now 12:00. I head upstairs and shout goodnight to my mum, something I'm not use to doing so kindly. And I get changed into my pyjamas and climb into bed. Falling asleep almost instantly.

---------------------

I wake up at 9:30. I sit up and grab my laptop and turn it on. Today is the day I go and hopefully get a reply from L.

Turns out kira killed 7 more people yesterday. Hmm.
I hack back into the hotels computer system. I get myself access too the security camera outside the hotel, pointing to the street. Which also is a clear view to the cafe I am going to get my letter.

I leave my laptop screen on and get out of bed to get ready, glancing at the screen every few seconds to make sure I don't miss anything.

I get dressed into some black baggy sweatpants, a black fleece with a hood and some sunglasses and black gloves. To hide my face fully I cover my face in black face paint, and I am wearing the baggy clothes so he can't identify my gender either.  I pretty much look like a shadow.

When I am ready I glance over to my laptop to see someone sat in a suit and sunglasses, outside of the cafe. It's raye Pember.

He is holding a envelope, the letter!
L must have told him to put the letter by the cafe and watch me or find out who I am.

Luckily with my disguise you can't tell what gender I am, how old I look, or anything about me.

I guess this is it, let's see what L says.