Chapter 29: Heroes and Monsters

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

Adam stood upright, pulling his sword from Blake's flesh and turned to face the two. Skyler stared at Adam, disbelief in his eyes. Yang had a different reaction.

"Get away from her!!!" Yang yelled, fire bursting around her.

"Yang, wait!!!" Skyler's voice came out more like a squeak than a yell, so naturally, Yang didn't listen.

Yang screamed and leapt right at Adam, who had his sword ready. Adam swiftly drew his sword, swinging it through the air at Yang, as his Semblance activated. As Yang flew through the air, the lower half of her right arm was cut off. Skyler stared in shock and horror, unwanted flashbacks coming into his mind.

Yang's unconscious body fell to the ground. Adam stalked towards the fallen Yang, but Blake quickly jumped in front of her on all fours and glared at him.

Adam shook his head, "Why must you hurt me Blake?"

He swung his sword, but before it could connect, it was blocked by another. Blake, who had shut her eyes, opened them to see Skyler standing in front of her, blocking Adam's attack with his sword.

He swung Adam's sword out of range and kicked the unsuspecting White Fang Leader into the far wall. Without turning around, Skyler spoke.

"Blake," he said quietly, "Take Yang and get out of here."

Blake stared at him, "But Skyler-"

"LEAVE!!!" Skyler snapped, turning to her, his eyes filled with rage.

Blake had never seen Skyler so angry before. Then again, Adam had just cut off Yang's arm. Now a bit scared of Skyler, Blake nodded quickly, grabbed Yang, and ran. Skyler switched his attention back to Adam.

"Hey Adam," he said, "It's been a while."

Adam grinned a bit, "Well well well, look who it is. How are you, old friend?"

"You're no longer my friend."

"And when did that happen?"

"The day you murdered my family!!"

Adam's grin faded, "I'm surprised you still remember that."

Skyler's scowled as the memory flowed through his mind.
_______________________________
Skyler was in his first year of Signal. Adam was one of his new friends and they seemed to be getting along nicely. However... Skyler's parents weren't exactly thrilled. While they weren't nearly as bad as most people, they still didn't like Faunus.

They had somewhat of a good reason. With the very few White Fang extremists there were at the time, their family had been one target. Therefore, Skyler's family didn't exact trust Faunus. Adam was no exception. Though he came from Menagerie, a relatively peaceful place, Skyler's parents were still skeptical of him.

It was midnight when it happened. Skyler was awoken by a loud explosion and his mother rushed into his room.

"Mom? What's going on?"

"Someone's attacking us!" his mother said, "We need to leave!"

"Who?!"

Before she could answer, there was another explosion and a cry of pain. His mother's eyes widened.

"Richard!!" she yelled, before turning back to Skyler, "Skyler! Run! And whatever you do, don't look back. Find Yang's father and tell him what's going on. You have to hurry!"