Chapter 6: Jaunedice

After a fight between Jaune and Cardin in Professor Goodwitch's fighting class, there was only time for one more fight. Skyler was up next. Then Glynda selected 'Random' on her Scroll.

"The next match will be Mr. Skyler Yin versus..." her Scroll beeped, "Ms. Yang Xiao Long."

Skyler internally flinched. He liked Yang and all, but if he was honest, he was scared of fighting her, no, terrified. When Yang hit, she hit hard. Probably the only thing going in Skyler's favor was that he knew what made her tick. While it made her more reckless, it also made her more dangerous.

'Okay,' Skyler told himself, 'Just don't touch the hair, and you'll be fine...'

Yang walked into the arena with a large grin on her face. Typical Yang. What was worse, Yang fought hand-to-hand. Skyler was so used to training with his sword, he hadn't really focused on that type of fighting style. Aka, he had no defense against Yang other than-

"Match begin!"

Yang charged at him, still grinning, and had her fist raised.

'DODGE!!!' he internally screamed.

He swiftly twisted his body, causing Yang to miss, but then her left fist came in, hitting him in the side. He stumbled, but recovered quickly and pulled out his gun. Yang fired some long-range shots as Skyler pulled the trigger.

Yang's shots only added fuel to the fire. Yang yelped and jumped out of the way, and then started running as Skyler kept the fire chasing her. He finally let go of the trigger when Yang charged at him again. He changed it to the sword mode and blocked the punch.

He started slashing, Yang countering with her gauntlets. He knew he was making a risky move using his sword. If he cut off even a small lock of that hair, even accidentally, he was dead. But his sword was the only close-range offense he had.

While Skyler was struggling to find a plan, Yang was having the time of her life. She always loved fighting, but fighting Skyler was just an adventure in itself for her. His unique weapon made things a bit interesting for her, thus making things more exciting!

She saw Skyler slightly pull the trigger on his sword just as she threw a punch while her hair began to glow and eyes turned red. The sword and gauntlet collided, creating a small explosion and knocking the two back. The two looked up at each other, Yang grinning, but breathing heavily. Same for Skyler, except less of a grin.

"You want to call it quits?" Yang goaded.

That made Skyler smirk and got into a fighting position with his flaming sword, "I could do this all day."

That only made Yang smile more. Yet another reason why she fell for this guy. He never gave up.

The two charged again, exchanging blows and slashes and the occasional explosion. Both of their Auras dropped into the orange and approached the red zone slowly.

The two were now at a distance, huffing. Yang's hair was practically on fire from her Semblance. Then she noticed Skyler's fearful look. Just when she was about to ask, something small floated in front of her face.

The inevitable had happened. Skyler had accidentally cut off a strand of hair. He gulped in terror as Yang's power boosted.