Chapter 25: Fall

Before you guys read this, I want to let you know that I made an information book on Team SHDW, detailing each character's appearances, history, and relationships. Go check it out before you read this. Thanks guys!

Also, sorry if this chapter is shorter than the rest. It has little focus on Team SHDW, so... yeah. Enjoy!
_______________________________
"Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for!" Port called out over the broadcasting system, "The one-on-one finals!"

In the center of the battlefield's stage, Skyler smirked confidently as he looked at the line of the final fighters, a few new faces mixed in with him, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Mercury Black, Yang, and Pyrrha at the other end of the line.

"Barty," Port said to Oobleck, "Why don't you explain the rules?"

"Ah, it's quite simple, Peter," Oobleck explained, "Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match takes place!"

"Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!"

Skyler mentally prepared himself. He could be fighting any one of these people. Yang, who was next to him, whispered to her boyfriend.

"Look," she said, "You better win your fight if you get paired with someone else. But know that when we fight, I'm not gonna hold back just because we're dating."

Skyler grinned at her, "Can't wait."

"Ah, yes, yes!" Oobleck said, "Now, let's see who our first match will be!"

The energetic doctor pointed out to the screens above the stadium as the roulette started spinning, this time for competitors instead of biomes. The random selection stopped to reveal...

"Yang Xiao Long and Mercury Black!!" Port announced.

Yang grinned. Her already? It was her lucky day! She looked at Skyler, who grinned back.

"Good luck," he said, "But I doubt you'll need it."

Ruby cupped her hands to make sure her encouragement was heard from her spot alongside RWBY, JNPR, SHDW, and SSSN, "Break a leg, sis!"

"Would all other combatants please leave the stage!" Port said.

The rest of the lineup did so, and Yang started walking up to Mercury in the middle as the floor around them opened once more, with a ring of spotlights rising up to automatically fix their lights on the remaining two.

Yang smiled, "You better not go easy on me."

Mercury laughed darkly, "You wish."

The fight went about as Skyler expected. After hearing about Emerald and Mercury almost completely mopping the floor with Coco and Yatsuhashi, Skyler knew they would be a huge obstacle to overcome. And once Yang was announced to fight Mercury, Skyler knew she was gonna have a rough time.

Luckily, once it seemed that Mercury won, a huge burst of fire flared around Yang, and she utterly decimated him. But... little did anyone know, that was the last innocent moment they witnessed.

Mercury got up, and Yang, out of nowhere, turned around and punched him in the leg. The rest was a blur, at least to Skyler. Why on Remnant would Yang do something like this?! Did Mercury say something to tick her off? Then Skyler caught the look on Yang's face.

She looked utterly confused and slightly scared. That's when he knew something wasn't right.

Things had gone to crap.
_______________________________
Yeah, I unofficially dubbed the last half of RWBY Volume 3 as "Everything Goes to Crap". And you all know that's true. Till next time guys!