Chapter 10: The Best Day Ever

It had been a few weeks since the incident at the docks. The two teams involved had decided to not talk much about it, as it raised too many questions to talk about right now.

As for right now, Blake Belladonna was staring at something in her notebook, deep in thought. Her thoughts were interrupted by her partner, Yang Xiao Long.

"Watch'a do'in?" Yang asked.

"Oh... just... going over notes from last semester," Blake answered.

Yang then sat up and caught a thrown grape in her mouth, courtesy of Nora Valkyrie, who was sitting with the rest of her team just a table away.

"Lame!" Yang said, her mouth slightly full.

"Sup guys?" Skyler Yin said, walking to the table and sitting next to Weiss Schnee.

"Hey Skyler!" Yang happily greeted as the rest of Team SHDW sat down at the table.

"So what's going on today?" Hazel Tikal asked.

Before anyone could answer, Ruby Rose appeared and slammed a huge binder on the desk. The binder was titled 'Best Day Ever Activities'. Ruby cleared her throat.

"Sisters!" Ruby gestured to Yang, "Friends!" she then gestured to Blake and SHDW, "...Weiss." she pointed as Weiss.

"Hey!" Weiss said.

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream!"

"This ought to be good," Yang grinned before catching another grape in her mouth.

"A dream that one day," Ruby continued, "all of us will come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... ever!!"

"Did you steal my binder?!" Weiss said, recognizing the binder.

Ruby made quotations with her fingers, "I am not a crook."

"What are you talking about?" Blake asked.

"Now I'm actually really curious," Walker Elliot leaned forward.

"I'm talking about kicking off this semester with a bang!" Ruby said.

"I always kick my semesters off," Yang began, grinning.

"Don't you dare-" Skyler tried to stop her.

"With a Yang!" Yang finished and everyone groaned, "Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

Nora threw an apple, hitting Yang in the face, "Boooooooo!!"

"Look guys," Ruby said, "It's been a good two weeks and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But, classes start back up tomorrow! Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today."

"I'm not sure whether to be proud or scared about what you have in store," Weiss replied.

Yang picked up an apple and threw it back at Nora, who dodged, giggling, and the apple hit someone else, who yelled, "Hey!"