Chapter 18: This One Goes to 19

Start from the beginning

The girl shook his hand, "Coco Adel."

"Wait," Walker said, recognizing her as he was shaking her hand, "Aren't you the leader of team CFVY?"

"That's me," Coco smirked.

"Oh wow," Walker suddenly got a bit nervous, considering he was talking to a second year student, "Didn't you guys just come back from a mission?"

"Yup. We were taking out Grimm in a sector of Vale."

"How did that go?"

Coco grimaced, "We're fine, but... There was just so many Grimm. We pulled out before things could get worse."

"Geez, if there are so much Grimm that even Team CFVY can't take down, I don't want to see them."

Coco laughed, "Yeah, well, I gotta get going. It was nice meeting you Walker."

"Likewise," Walker replied, watching her leave.

He found himself staring before shaking his head, 'No! No bad thoughts! Stop it Elliot! You are better than this!'
_______________________________
Now that the arena was open, Skyler and Emerald stepped onto the floor and pulled out their weapons.

"Start now?" Emerald asked.

"Ready when you are," Skyler smirked.

Emerald grinned, twirling her pistols and pointing them at Skyler. She fired rapidly and Skyler began running, effectively dodging the bullets. He shot fire out of his weapon, causing her to stop shooting and backflip away.

She switched her pistols into blade mode and looped around the flames, preparing to slash. Skyler, in turn, switched to sword form and the two began clashing in a series of sparks. The two continued slashing, parrying each hit.

Skyler gritted his teeth. He began to wonder if he should've chosen a better weapon to fight with. Her weapons were curved, making attacks a bit harder to counter. Plus, if things kept going like this, Emerald would find it easier to disarm him.

But he wasn't going to give up that easily. They clashed again, both knocked back a few feet. Skyler activated the flames on his sword and charged. Emerald, though a bit shocked at the fire sword, countered, but was blown back by the extraordinary burst of power.

"Well that was unexpected," Emerald remarked.

"I get that a lot," Skyler replied, charging again.

The two began a series of slashes again, sparks flying. Emerald turned her weapons back into guns, shooting while retreating. Skyler blocked the shots, but then felt something wrap around his legs.

He looked down and saw a chain wrapped around his legs and then pull him off his feet. He landed flat on his back and saw Emerald swing him around and threw him across the arena. He was sent tumbling and he checked his Aura. Borderline orange. So close to red.

"Do you give up?" Emerald asked, noticing his fatigue.

Skyler smirked, "Give up? What's that mean?"

Skyler had one more shot at this. A plan formulated in his head and Emerald was inching closer, swinging her blades around by their chains. He pointed his blade to the ground and fired.

He shot up into the air, surprising Emerald. He let go of the trigger and sped towards the ground, straight at her. She jumped back, Skyler stabbing the ground as he landed. The flames spread out, covering the arena in dust.

Blinded by the dust cloud, Emerald could only wander, with the occasional cough. She shot when she heard something, but hit nothing. But then... sneak attack.

She was hit by a slash, but the figure was gone before she could react. Then just as fast, it struck again. Slash after slash hit her, Emerald unable to react fast enough. Finally, the dust cleared and she was stumbling. She then saw Skyler a few yards away, his gun pointed at her.

"Hi there," Skyler said, pulling the trigger.

The amount of fire that shot out was too much for Emerald to dodge. When the flames stopped, she collapsed to the ground, Aura in the red.

"And that's the match," Skyler imitated Glynda, walking over and helping Emerald up.

"Remind me not to go easy on you during the tournament," Emerald grinned.

"Whatever," Skyler replied.

But from the way Emerald looked when she said that, Skyler couldn't help but get the feeling she was serious.
_______________________________
Everyone arrived back at their dorm and collapsed on their beds.

"I feel like taking a nap for forever..." Dante groaned.

"Preach it," Hazel agreed.

"Man, I think I did get carpal tunnel for staring at that screen so long..." Walker grumbled.

"Let's just get some sleep," Skyler said, "We've got another day of training tomorrow."

"Good night all!" the team said simultaneously before passing out.
_______________________________
And that's a wrap! Now for the finale of Volume 2. Till next time guys!