Chapter 14

Bed time

Chihiro pushed me onto my bed and ran off to the spare room.

“Hey Chihiro you brat!”

I climbed off the bed as I heard the door close.

“I want this room!” I heard Chihiro say.

“Fine then! Just tell me if you are cold!” I said loudly so she could hear.

“Don’t worry! I’m warm!”

“Okay then. Oyasumi Chi!”

I closed the lights and I laid down on the bed thinking and thinking. I wonder how Chihiro can keep back all the tears.

Just when I was about to fall asleep, I was wide awake. I heard sniffing. I got up. I didn’t bother opening the lights. “Chi?” I said.

I heard the sniffing stop. I walked over to Chihiro’s room and knocked on the door. “Chi, I’m coming in.”

I opened the door and saw Chihiro sitting in the corner of the room. Arms wrapped around her legs and head between her knees. She sniffed. I closed the door, not opening the lights, I walked in feeling my way to her. When I reached her I sat down beside her. “Chi, daijoubu?”

She sniffed again.

I hugged her, making her lean on me. “Chi, don’t worry. I’m here.”

“Kazu…” she mumbled.

“Cry, cry as much as you want. I know how you feel. I’ve had someone forget about me even though was there for her all my life.” I said to her, hugging her closer.

“Kazu!” she said as she hugged me and started crying.

We sat there right into the night. Chihiro had stopped crying.

“Kazu? Dare?” she asked.

“Hmm? Nani?”

“Who was the person who forgot about you?”

“Oh. Well, she’s a very cute and pretty girl. I’ve known her since she was a kid. I’ve always watched her but she never knew.”

“You sound like a stalker.” Chihiro said laughing a little.

“I kinda am aren’t I? Too bad, that’s how much I love her.” I said hugging her tighter.

“Why didn’t you ask her out?”

“Well, I can’t ask when she always has another guy with her, can I?”

“I suppose not. So she loved another guy?”

“Hai. She loved another guy. I couldn’t compete with him.” I said tears forming in my eyes.

“Why not?”

“She chose him instead of me.”

“Do you still see her?”

“Hai.”

For a while I was silent, wondering if I should tell her or not.

“She is the lovely girl I’m hugging right now.” I said softly tears almost falling.

“Hmm… Kazu, nani?? Ehh? Chotto—“

 “Ore ga aishita onnanoko wa anata deshita.”

Chihiro’s P.O.V

“Ore ga aishita onnanoko wa anata deshita.” Kazu said.

“…Kazu. Stop joking around.” I said poking him.

“I’m not. Chi, I really do.” He said in a serious voice.

“Kazu, stop it.” I said as I got up to walk out of the room. I just got up when Kazu got up to and got hold of my arm pulling me to him. “Takeuchi Chihiro. I won’t make you love me but I just want to tell you that I do. I have kept that with me for too long that I’m going crazy.” He hugged me.

I pushed him away and ran out of the room. I locked myself in the bathroom. I didn’t know what to do. I was confused and annoyed. What is he talking about? He has Yuriko. She can’t cheat on her. He can’t make her cry. She’s my best friend.