Chapter 9

“Arigatou!” I said as I ran off again, “Room 64, 73, 78, 80, 83, 85!” I found the room and was just about to open the door when I heard a girl talking.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have called you and told you that lie. I just wanted you to come back to me. Please wake up!” then I heard her crying.

Who is it? It doesn’t sound like his mum or his sister. Is it the wrong door? No, it says Room 85 on it. I was still wondering about who it was talking to Yamapi when Yamapi’s family members arrived. They looked teary and scared. “Is he in there?” they asked. “Yes he is,” I answered. Then they walked in through the door to see him.

“Yamapi! What happened?” His mum asked. He seemed to be awake.

“I’m fine,” I heard him say, “I just had a car accident but they said it wasn’t that bad.”

I didn’t walk in. I was scared what would happen if I did.

“I’m so glad!” his mum said relieved.

“Yamapi!” said that voice again, “I’m so glad you’re okay! I’m really really sorry!”

“What are you doing here?” Yamapi’s mum asked in what seemed like an annoyed voice. “You don’t have anything to do with us!”

“I am Yamapi’s girlfriend!”

Girl-friend? Was he cheating on me? No. it can’t be. We were going to get married, he can’t have a girlfriend.

“YOU ARE NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!” Yamapi’s sister, Aoi, shouted. “Pi was going to get married to Chihiro today! Chihiro isn’t like you who cheats on my brother! You wrecked their wedding!”

I smiled gratefully. “Aoi-chan,” I whispered.

“Chihiro!” Aoi said smiling, as she saw me still standing at the corridor. “Come in! I think onii-san wants to see you too!”

“Hai,” I said not convinced. I was scared at what he would look like.

I walked in and everyone stared at me. I was embarrassed. I was glad that Yamapi’s family liked me.

“Pi,” I said as I walked over to the bed. Yamapi was dressed in hospital clothes. His head and arm had been wrapped in bandages. “Daijoubu?”

“Konnichiwa. Daijoubu desu. Arigatou for asking. How do you know my name? What’s your name?” Pi asked me smiling his usual beautiful, soft smile.

 I was traumatized. “Namae?”

“Onii-san. It’s Chihiro! Are you joking around again?”

“Chihiro? Do I know her? Aoi is she one of your friends? You never told me you had such a pretty friend. I would’ve asked her out.” he said confused.

Tears started forming in my eyes. “Pi? You don’t remember me?” I said as the tears spilled down my face.

“Hey don’t cry. What happened? Daijoubu?” he asked me as he touched my hand. I didn’t feel the same loving feeling as before when he touched me. I took my hand away from him and covered my face.

It took me awhile before I could pull myself together. I wiped my tears, smiled and looked at him. “Daijoubu desu yo.”

“I’m glad,” he said.

I felt like dying at that moment. A tear fell involuntarily down my face. “You’re crying. Don’t cry. Did you have a fight with someone? Whatever happened will go better soon.” he said smiling as he touched my face and wiped my tear away.

“Thank you but I think it won’t ever be better again,” I said quietly. “Before I go, could I hug you?”

“Hug? Yeah. Okay. Thank you for coming to visit me,” he said as we hugged.

“You know, you’re really beautiful and you’re my type. We should go out someday.”

“Ah sou desu ka?” I replied close to crying again.

There was no loving-warmth from him when we hugged. I think his love for me has gone just like his memories of me have gone.