4; Moving Day and Friendship Goals

Rhea Scott

"Okay, that's the last box!"

I heaved a sigh, placing my butt down on the large, brown box I brought in myself. Quickly, I was shoved to the ground as I groaned at the connection between my knee and the marble tiled floors.

"Hey, that's the fragile box. Don't sit on it!" Rachel shrieked, thumping my head with the back of her hand.

"You shouldn't be talking when Justin and I brought most of those boxes in," I grumbled, pouting as I rubbed my knee.

Rachel ended up buying the house in Justin's neighborhood a week later. The realtor seemed to be very persuasive with my sister when we came to the open house last week. Though, Rachel had no intention on buying the Calabasas home. She said herself "my home will always be in Huntington."

Yet, here we are in her and Adelaine's new, fully bought house. Isn't it pretty?

No words can describe how Adelaine felt to finally tell her family she was going to be moving out

No words can describe how Adelaine felt to finally tell her family she was going to be moving out. Ever since graduation almost three weeks ago, she's been living back at home with her parents in Irvine.

Three weeks doesn't exactly sound long, but it was too long for her.

"Yeah, now you and Justin can leave so the two of you can finally make up and get together." Adelaine grinned, currently unpacking decorations for the living room.

Scoffing, I shook my head, "sure, Jan."

"Oh, c'mon. He still loves you, it's so obvious."

Sarcastically chuckling, I hummed and stood up walking over to the sliding window leading to the girls' backyard. I stared at Justin from the inside as he stood out pacing around the pool talking on the phone. I rhetorically asked, "If he still loved me do you think he'd be inviting models over to our house?"

"Aw, look at you saying 'our house' instead of 'his.'" Rachel joked, glancing over at me.

I didn't bother answering back.

Standing next to me, she looked over at Justin as well, adding, "who is he talking to anyways?"

Adelaine jumped in, "Scooter?" My best friend shrugged.

"You think Justin smiles that big and practically blushes when he's talking to Scooter?" Rachel questioned, turning her head to look at Adelaine.

"Hey, Scooter is a very flirtatious man sometimes."

Rachel and I turned our heads, eying Adelaine weirdly almost as if she had three heads. Feeling our eyes on her, Adelaine switched her attention from Justin to me and my sister.

"What?" She asked.

"Is there something you're not telling us, Ads?" I curiously asked.

Glaring at the two of us, she spoke, "I see Scooter flirt with Yael whenever we're with him. Oh my god, I hate the both of you." Adelaine stomped away back to the living room continuing to unpack her and Rachel's belongings.