Chapt. 23: Jayson

"Woah woah woah.. What's up with ya boy? You walking in here like you ready for war."

I stopped Josiah as he tried to make his way past me.

"What's going on bro? Look like you got alot on ya mind."

Jo shook his head and tried to walk off but I blocked his path.

"Its ya day off, what you doing here?"

"I came to work off some steam and maybe catch some extra hours after."

My eyes roamed over my little brother as I could see his heart beating out his chest. His shoulders sitting broader than usual.

"What's going on Jo?"

He stood there swaying from side to side with his fist tight and teeth clenched.

"Man I just want to grab Cam and beat him till I feel like stopping. Beat him, watch him take his last breath then turn myself in."

I looked around and pulled Jo in my office.

"Sit down."

"Nawhh Im cool standing Jay."

I shook my head as I looked in his eyes.

"I see pain in your eyes bro. Fear, anger. What that man did is out of your hands. Karmas a bad bitch and she gone take care of him when she feels the time is right."

He shook his head.

"Fuck that, I want him. He got my girl pregnant. She just getting back to her normal self. He put his hands on my daughter. They both wake up crying and sweating at night. You dont know that terrifying cry Nova does in her sleep bro."

I grabbed Josiah shoulders and looked dead in his eyes.

"Take care of yo family lil bro. Ya girl, ya daughter, and ya unborn. Take care of them. They need you man. Fuck Cam bro. He gone get his. Focus on ya family. Make a better life for them. God works in ways we never understand but we have to trust in him. He never lets us down."

"So why he take pops man? Why he let my moms do that shit. She took my daddy away from me !!"

Before I knew it I had my arms around my brother holding him as tight and as close as I could.

"Dont blame God for that. Never question God... Never."

I felt my shirt getting wet the longer I held my brother. He eventually put his arms around me.

"He took pops man. He didnt have to take pops man. Ill never understand. I need pops Jay. He always was there even when I was out doing shit I had no business. He was always right. I disappointed him so many times with the shit I did but he was always there. I dont understand Jay."

I kissed my brother head as tears ran down my face.

"Me either bro."

I wish u were here
To see the things I've done
I wish u were here
You'd be so proud of your son
I wish u were here
To celebrate with me
I wish u were here