Chapt. 17: Jayson

After a long week off Im finally back at work. "What's up yall?" I walked in my main office and spoke to everyone. "Sup Jay."

"Anybody know where Josiah is?" I haven't talk to Jo or Jas since the little meeting we had with the letters and truth. "It's his day off Jay." I nodded my head as I looked through the inside window in my office and watched kids shoot basketball in the gym.

Me: Come to work.

"Aye Jay. We had some problems while you were gone." I sat my phone on the desk. "What kind of problems?" Malik hesitated to tell me more but he shut the door and sat down.

"Some guys came looking for your brother on his day off last week." My phone vibrated as I studied the expression on Malik's face.

Josiah: I have Nova.

"Guys like who Malik?"

Me: Bring her with you.

"Im not sure. There were three of them. They said to tell Josiah Cam wanna speak with him." I shook my head. "Did you save the security video from that day?" He nodded his head. "Yeahh, check your email."

I sat there for a minute. "Preciate it guy. Go help those kids with their jumpshot. I don't know what they got going on right now." As Malik walked out Josiah walked in.

"That was quick." I stood and took Nova out his arms. "Jas was leaving so she dropped us off. What I'm here for?"

"Well I brought you here to get some extra hours in. I know you always ready to work but I got some interesting word and video footage." Jo shifted in his seat. "What's up?"

"Some guys came looking for you. They said Cam wanna talk to you." His whole vibe changed. "About what?" I shook my head. "How Im suppose to know?"

I studied his body language as he sat in deep thought. "Okay I'll go see what he want then." Josiah started to get up until I motioned for him to stay seated. "No you not. I'll handle this one. You need to stay away from and out of trouble. Until then is there anything I need to know about this dude?"

"Diamond pregnant with his baby and we keeping it."

"From the rape?" He nodded his head. "Yeahh, we don't believe in abortion."

....................................

"Uhm... Have you talk to your mother?" He shook his head no.

"So you don't know she gets out on parole in bout a week or two?"