Chapt. 14: Jas

I haven't talk to my brother since he told us everything we've been searching for.

Every now and then I'll get my letter and read it. My dad is not here but he still has my back. He still has our back. But now I have questions for Ms. April, Josiah mom, and she can't play with me like she did him.

"Jo lets go !" I poured Zakai some of his juice and handed it to him. "Josiaahhh !" My little brother walked in the kitchen looking casket sharp with Nova and her things. "Stop yelling, she was sleep. Where Zoe?"

I rolled my eyes at his question. "She gone to take Ursa to her mama for the weekend." Josiah shook his head. "Well good for me cause I need to talk to you, just me and you." I handed Zakai his bookbag with his extra clothes and some snacks. "Well we can talk in the car, lets go."

You ain't gotta say too much
From the look in your eyes
I can tell you want to fuck

And you ain't gotta call me ya boo
Just as bad as you wanna fuck
I wanna fuck too

"We don't want to hear this devilish mess." Josiah reached his hand for my phone to change the music. "You want to lose some fingers or ya whole hand?" He slouched down in the seat before looking back to check on the kids. "You better be glad they sleep, my daughter don't need to hear that."

I pulled in TGI Fridays and parked before looking around to find Zoe. "Since dummy not here yet, talk to me. What's up?" He gave me a weird look. "You not gone call or text her?" I shook my head. "Nope, she know where she suppose to be at. That's my girlfriend not my child. Talk to me."

I looked at Jo as he took a deep breath and looked out the window. "Diamond pregnant." My reflexes took over and before I knew it my hand went across the back of his head. "You didn't learn from the first one? Condoms Jo. You got a drawer full of condoms." He ducked as I shifted in my seat. "Im not gone hit you again, don't be scared.

He slowly sat back up. "Good... Cause she not pregnant by me, she pregnant by Cam."

My heart dropped as I looked at Jo staring at me. "This better be a joke." He shook his head. "Nope."

We sat there in silence before I looked around for Zoe again. Nowhere in sight. "So what did yall talk about doing?" He played with his fingers before looking at me. "She keeping it." I looked at Jo to see if there was a joke somewhere in this but he was dead ass serious.

"Jo yall don't need..." He cut me off. "I don't believe in abortion Jas... She don't either, Im not killing a baby before it even get the chance to breathe, live, explore. Im not doing it."

We sat there another 15 minutes waiting on Zoe. "Come on, we going to eat."

After getting our table and getting the kids situated I couldn't help but think about all of this craziness going on. Its too much, they don't need another baby. "Is adoption anywhere in the picture?" He shook his head. "So you taking care of another man baby?" He nodded his head.

"Daddy did a damn good job with you Jo. I don't agree with this but your doing something that the rest of these niggas would never do, never even think about doing. You're young and your dealing with things like an adult. You know I got ya back. I'm with you the whole way."

"I know Jazzy bear. But I think we have a situation... Look back." I turned to see what situation Jo was speaking of. "Well gahh damn she a bold bitch... Stay here with them."

I stood up and fixed myself before walking over to the reserved tables on the other side of the restaurant. My presence wasn't even noticed.

"Well how yall doing on this lovely day?"

The look on Zoe face before she even looked up at me was priceless.

Busted !